Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:21 PM   #1
mintgreen
macrumors newbie

Buy iPhone at Verizon store or Apple store?

I've been on a month-to-month contract w/ Verizon for a while since my previous long-term contract ended. I'd like to get the iPhone and I'm wondering if it would be better to purchase the iPhone and sign a new 2-year contract at the Verizon store or the Apple store.

If I bought the phone at Verizon, would I be able to get it repaired or replaced (if need be) at the Apple store, or would I have to do so at a Verizon store? I know I can troubleshoot it at Apple, but it seems Apple is a bit more lenient when it comes to required repairs/replacements than Verizon. This is the main reason I'd purchase through Apple rather than Verizon. I loathe dealing w/ customer service and tech support at Verizon stores. The Apple store always seems to provide a better experience.

Also, if I purchased the phone and signed the new contract at the Apple store, and needed to return the phone within 14 days, would I be able to go back to the month-to-month contract I had directly previous to purchasing the phone? I know I can if I purchase directly through Verizon b/c I've done so before, but I'm not sure it applies to phone purchases/returns from other sources.

Thanks so much for the help! I tried searching the forum for the same question but I only found posts about AT&T store vs. Apple store.
mintgreen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Mr. Incredible
macrumors 6502a

I got mine from the Verizon store, and they gave me a $30 discount cause I waited almost 2 years before upgrading.

So instead of the $199 price, I had a $169 price.

I'm not sure if the apple store would've given me a discount, and I didn't want to risk the savings, so I went with Verizon.

Want:
Samsung Galaxy Tab | Mac Mini

Mr. Incredible is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:28 PM   #3
BlaqkAudio
macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure you can get your iPhone repaired/replaced at an Apple Store even if you buy from a Verizon store; it is an Apple product after all.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Apple 26.2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post
I got mine from the Verizon store, and they gave me a $30 discount cause I waited almost 2 years before upgrading.

I'm not sure if the apple store would've given me a discount, and I didn't want to risk the savings, so I went with Verizon.
Damn, nice bro... I went 14 months after my contract ended to upgrade and still paid the $199 price at AT$T. Jackholes!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Mr. Incredible
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple 26.2 View Post
Damn, nice bro... I went 14 months after my contract ended to upgrade and still paid the $199 price at AT$T. Jackholes!
You should've switched to Verizon

But I ordered my phone online, I didn't buy it from the store (again, worried if I would get a discount or not).

When did you upgrade your contract? I say you get the Verizon iPhone next, that is if you have bad At&t coverage.

Want:
Samsung Galaxy Tab | Mac Mini

Mr. Incredible is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:57 PM   #6
dumb terminal
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post

When I bought my ViPhone from the 5th Avenue Apple Store, they asked me if I qualified for any additional discounts (new every two). I qualified for the $50 off, so instead of paying $199 for my iPhone, I ended up paying $149 (not including taxes of course).

So even at the Apple store, you should still be able to take advantage of any additional discounts you may have with VZW. I think you can only use corporate/FAN discounts at the Verizon store though.
dumb terminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone