Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Feb 28, 2005, 08:54 AM   #1
hikeNM
macrumors 6502a

ipod photo connector compatibility?

I was looking at the picture of the ipod photo connector and it got me wondering exactly which cameras would be compatible with it. I have an older Canon S200. In the picture, it looks like the USB cable that came with the camera is used and just plugs into the connector at the bottom of the ipod. Could this be true?

Does anybody have any guesses which cameras will work and if we'll be able to use the USB cable that came with the camera. It seems logical(the Apple way) that any camera iPhoto recognizes would be compatible with the ipod photo.
hikeNM is offline   0
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:57 AM   #2
varmit
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeNM
I was looking at the picture of the ipod photo connector and it got me wondering exactly which cameras would be compatible with it. I have an older Canon S200. In the picture, it looks like the USB cable that came with the camera is used and just plugs into the connector at the bottom of the ipod. Could this be true?

Does anybody have any guesses which cameras will work and if we'll be able to use the USB cable that came with the camera. It seems logical(the Apple way) that any camera iPhoto recognizes would be compatible with the ipod photo.
If the connector basically turns the bottom of the iPod into USB connection, then yes, you are ment to use the USB cable that came with your camera to plug right on into it. Its the easiest way since most digital cameras have USB cables.
varmit is offline   0
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:19 AM   #3
hikeNM
macrumors 6502a

That does seem the most logical. Hope it turns out that way.
hikeNM is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers