Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Apr 2, 2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Ravenwolf40
macrumors newbie

Activity monitor network data sent and received

Looking for some help from other macbook air users. I just got my new macbook air and when I open the activity monitor and click on the network tab I see the data sent and received both go from 0k to 1k to 0k to 1k repeat indefinitely. It concerns me as my imac does not do this at all. It is at 0k sent and received almost all the time when I am not doing anything.

Any ideas on what this may be? Do your macbook airs do this as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--------------

Sorry all, I figured out what it is. It is my HP printer after all. I don't know why the Air is doing that and my iMac is not. But I turned the printer off (as opposed to the sleep mode that it was in) and it stopped all network traffic on the Air. False Alarm, sorry all, new machine, I'm jumpy, my bad.

Last edited by Ravenwolf40; Apr 2, 2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: fixed own issue
Ravenwolf40 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air