Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solaris7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Hi guys,
First I would like to say, NO WET INSTALLS! They are too messy and I never seem to get it right.
I was pretty excited about the incipio feather (snap on case), but after watching the video review it turned out that it does not work well with the smart cover (does not stay on as well, can't prop ipad up).
So, is this true all other snap on cases? Are skins the only way to go?

Thanks

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Hi guys,
First I would like to say, NO WET INSTALLS! They are too messy and I never seem to get it right.
I was pretty excited about the incipio feather (snap on case), but after watching the video review it turned out that it does not work well with the smart cover (does not stay on as well, can't prop ipad up).
So, is this true all other snap on cases? Are skins the only way to go?

Thanks

amen - I have written about wet installs too - with all the substances out there, you can have dry ones work great. I don't care about self healing, thick plasticky films. I have tried about 6 so far on my ipad and it comes down to gelaskins if you want design/vinyl cover and icarbon if you like CF. I think I'm going with a full CF smartcover from DSO and Icarbon back for informal casing and a portenzo /treegloo for formal business , But for now, it's CF!
icarbon:
70328b6a.jpg

gelaskin:
9875744c.jpg

For snap on backs I am waiting on marware and xgear to ship -

I might add the dodocase back is nice but covers no edges or corners..heavier material:
a6c0bec8.jpg

Last edited:

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
incipio is suppose to be coming out with a feather version that is compatible with the smart cover, i believe its coming out sometime this month they said.

solaris7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
^ Yea, I know. Like I said in my initial post, the snap on case messes up the magnets in the smart cover, it does not stick as much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.