Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 3, 2011, 01:18 PM   #1
xDeathReaperx
macrumors regular

MacBook Pro Clock reset it self after a Turn Off & Date & Time

So I pressed the power button like 5+ times to turn it on and it finally turned on my MacBook Pro 2010 while I was charging it.

Then I noticed the Date & Time was like the Year 2000 and 4:00PM

also it lost my Wireless Network password.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
xDeathReaperx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 01:35 PM   #2
DewGuy1999
macrumors 68040

Sounds like you ran the battery all the way down before putting it on the charger.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 12:11 AM   #3
alekgv
macrumors newbie

me too

This just happened to me. My MacBook Pro just turned off. While charging. It was 91% when it went black and immediately was off. At first it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the button. But after about 15 seconds it booted up. It lost it's wifi password and it's clock was reset. What could this be?
alekgv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2011, 09:02 AM   #4
DewGuy1999
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekgv View Post
This just happened to me. My MacBook Pro just turned off. While charging. It was 91% when it went black and immediately was off. At first it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the button. But after about 15 seconds it booted up. It lost it's wifi password and it's clock was reset. What could this be?
You could try this:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:28 AM   #5
yongyee21283
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewGuy1999 View Post
hi there i'm a user of Intel based mac book pro (early 2011 model) and i have encountered the following issues:

1) 1 week earlier, my macbook experienced a very fast draining of battery when the adapter was removed (no external power supply).

2) after that, gradually, it couldn't be turned on without a power supply. (The condition is: when i plug in the source, my macbook pro will turn on BY ITSELF without me pressing the POWER ON button, or hitting ENTER).

Is this the same SMC issue as described here? Thanks a lot guys!!!
yongyee21283 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:49 AM   #6
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongyee21283 View Post
1) 1 week earlier, my macbook experienced a very fast draining of battery when the adapter was removed (no external power supply).
There are many factors that impact your battery life. You may have had a process running that was consuming system resources and draining your battery faster. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
Quote:
2) after that, gradually, it couldn't be turned on without a power supply. (The condition is: when i plug in the source, my macbook pro will turn on BY ITSELF without me pressing the POWER ON button, or hitting ENTER).
It's not turning itself on, as no Mac turns itself on simply by plugging it in. It's more likely waking from sleep. After your battery is drained completely, you may need to leave it plugged in and charging for a while before it will turn on. See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:43 AM   #7
yongyee21283
macrumors newbie

[QUOTE=GGJstudios;15242050]There are many factors that impact your battery life. You may have had a process running that was consuming system resources and draining your battery faster. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

it shows the battery health is just 2%! that means my batt must be changed, no? The funniest part about this case is the tech at the service center told me to change the entire logic board but nvr mention about the condition of the battery!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:46 AM   #8
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
it shows the battery health is just 2%! that means my batt must be changed, no? The funniest part about this case is the tech at the service center told me to change the entire logic board but nvr mention about the condition of the battery!
Did you reset the SMC? If so and your battery shows 2% health (as opposed to 2% charged), then it is definitely time for a new battery. I would certainly have the battery replaced before assuming something is wrong with your logic board.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:09 AM   #9
yongyee21283
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Did you reset the SMC? If so and your battery shows 2% health (as opposed to 2% charged), then it is definitely time for a new battery. I would certainly have the battery replaced before assuming something is wrong with your logic board.
Nope i didn't reset the SMC. I will make a trip to the service center again.

Thanks man!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:24 AM   #10
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Nope i didn't reset the SMC. I will make a trip to the service center again.
I'd recommend you reset the SMC before making the trip to the service center.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Rigell
macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem... Have reset both PRAM and SMC, but it crashed again. I have no idea what to do. Anyone know anything else I can try?
Rigell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store