Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 3, 2011, 01:18 PM   #1
xDeathReaperx
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
MacBook Pro Clock reset it self after a Turn Off & Date & Time

So I pressed the power button like 5+ times to turn it on and it finally turned on my MacBook Pro 2010 while I was charging it.

Then I noticed the Date & Time was like the Year 2000 and 4:00PM

also it lost my Wireless Network password.


How can I fix this?

Thanks!
xDeathReaperx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 01:35 PM   #2
DewGuy1999
macrumors 68040
 
DewGuy1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Sounds like you ran the battery all the way down before putting it on the charger.
__________________
13.3" MacBook Pro/i5 2.3GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/Super Drive/OS X 10.6.8
17" iMac/G4 1GHz/768MB RAM/80GB HD/Super Drive/OS X 10.4.11
DewGuy1999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2011, 12:11 AM   #3
alekgv
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
me too

This just happened to me. My MacBook Pro just turned off. While charging. It was 91% when it went black and immediately was off. At first it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the button. But after about 15 seconds it booted up. It lost it's wifi password and it's clock was reset. What could this be?
alekgv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2011, 09:02 AM   #4
DewGuy1999
macrumors 68040
 
DewGuy1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by alekgv View Post
This just happened to me. My MacBook Pro just turned off. While charging. It was 91% when it went black and immediately was off. At first it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the button. But after about 15 seconds it booted up. It lost it's wifi password and it's clock was reset. What could this be?
You could try this:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
__________________
13.3" MacBook Pro/i5 2.3GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/Super Drive/OS X 10.6.8
17" iMac/G4 1GHz/768MB RAM/80GB HD/Super Drive/OS X 10.4.11
DewGuy1999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:28 AM   #5
yongyee21283
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewGuy1999 View Post
hi there i'm a user of Intel based mac book pro (early 2011 model) and i have encountered the following issues:

1) 1 week earlier, my macbook experienced a very fast draining of battery when the adapter was removed (no external power supply).

2) after that, gradually, it couldn't be turned on without a power supply. (The condition is: when i plug in the source, my macbook pro will turn on BY ITSELF without me pressing the POWER ON button, or hitting ENTER).

Is this the same SMC issue as described here? Thanks a lot guys!!!
yongyee21283 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:49 AM   #6
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongyee21283 View Post
1) 1 week earlier, my macbook experienced a very fast draining of battery when the adapter was removed (no external power supply).
There are many factors that impact your battery life. You may have had a process running that was consuming system resources and draining your battery faster. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongyee21283 View Post
2) after that, gradually, it couldn't be turned on without a power supply. (The condition is: when i plug in the source, my macbook pro will turn on BY ITSELF without me pressing the POWER ON button, or hitting ENTER).
It's not turning itself on, as no Mac turns itself on simply by plugging it in. It's more likely waking from sleep. After your battery is drained completely, you may need to leave it plugged in and charging for a while before it will turn on. See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:43 AM   #7
yongyee21283
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
[QUOTE=GGJstudios;15242050]There are many factors that impact your battery life. You may have had a process running that was consuming system resources and draining your battery faster. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

it shows the battery health is just 2%! that means my batt must be changed, no? The funniest part about this case is the tech at the service center told me to change the entire logic board but nvr mention about the condition of the battery!
yongyee21283 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:46 AM   #8
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongyee21283 View Post
it shows the battery health is just 2%! that means my batt must be changed, no? The funniest part about this case is the tech at the service center told me to change the entire logic board but nvr mention about the condition of the battery!
Did you reset the SMC? If so and your battery shows 2% health (as opposed to 2% charged), then it is definitely time for a new battery. I would certainly have the battery replaced before assuming something is wrong with your logic board.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:09 AM   #9
yongyee21283
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Did you reset the SMC? If so and your battery shows 2% health (as opposed to 2% charged), then it is definitely time for a new battery. I would certainly have the battery replaced before assuming something is wrong with your logic board.
Nope i didn't reset the SMC. I will make a trip to the service center again.

Thanks man!
yongyee21283 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:24 AM   #10
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongyee21283 View Post
Nope i didn't reset the SMC. I will make a trip to the service center again.
I'd recommend you reset the SMC before making the trip to the service center.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Rigell
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I have the exact same problem... Have reset both PRAM and SMC, but it crashed again. I have no idea what to do. Anyone know anything else I can try?
Rigell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having problems with 5G's wifi, date & time, etc. shivers123 iPod touch 2 Apr 9, 2014 05:01 PM
iPhone: Two questions about 'Springboard Time & Date' bdq Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Mar 7, 2013 01:37 PM
AT&T countdown clock till preorder time Technarchy iPhone 2 Sep 13, 2012 10:48 PM
Macbook Pro won't turn on with SMC reset? Don Nguyen OS X 1 Jul 18, 2012 12:53 PM
Chirpy Time - Timer & Alarm Clock (suggestions for alarm clock apps wanted!) chirpytime iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Jun 23, 2012 04:57 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC