Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey

My dad is an entertainer who currently uses a laptop running winamp to playback backing tracks at his gigs. He uses winamp as it stops each song playing at the end without moving onto the next one.

Anyone know of an iPad app that can do this? He tends to use music files in the WAV format so I assume this is fine for the iTunes library. As far as I'm aware the iPod app on iPad won't stop playing after each song though. so it would have to be a 3rd party app.

Thanks in advance.

Cha

macrumors regular
May 1, 2010
Well, your dad has a couple choices with the built in iPod app...

1) You could create separate playlists for each track or tracks to play each one separately

2) You can tag the tracks with different artists or album tags and then go into the specific views to play the tracks separately

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Well, your dad has a couple choices with the built in iPod app...

1) You could create separate playlists for each track or tracks to play each one separately

2) You can tag the tracks with different artists or album tags and then go into the specific views to play the tracks separately

I'm not sure that would work for him. He needs the song to stop at the end and then the next song to queue up ready to play with one tap/button press.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.