Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha everyone,

I'm not quite sure how this happened, but here's my current issue. I can build, archive, and verify my apps, but after uploading them to iTunes Connect, I get the dreaded "invalid binary" email from Apple. It indicates an invalid signature on the app itself, pointing to the Distribution certificate used.

I then checked out the Organizer in Xcode and everything looked good. I had all the certs listed, as well as the provisioning profiles. I then checked out Keychain access, and this is where it gets a little screwy.

In My Certificates, I can see both the Developer and Distribution certs, both with the private keys. When I check the Keys section, however, all I see is a key for my Developer cert. I don't see a key for my Distribution cert. Does anyone know why this is, or what could have caused this? I'm operating under the assumption, of course, that I need private keys for both certs, and if they show up under My Certificates, then they should also show up under Keys.

I've already sent an email to Apple, but does anyone have a clue as to what I can do between now and when (or if) Apple ever gets back to me?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha dejo,

All I know is that an NDA statement was on the email I received from Apple. In my response, I asked why the information was under NDA. I mean, Xcode 4 is available to the masses, right? I don't understand why configurations would be something to be protected. I have yet to hear back from them, however.

Of course, this was directly below the signature, so it could have been a standard line put on all emails from the developer support office. If I get a response, I'll post it here (if the you or the other mods haven't locked it by then :D). I think it's really good information, and it pointed out something that was not made clear by any of the other documentation I read. That, or I'm just a little dense :D

I thought it was interesting that it started out by stating that the information was for Xcode 4, but the first document mentioned was for Xcode 3 :eek:

EDIT: One thing not covered in the email response from Apple was with respect to the Keys section of Keychain Access. I still only have one private key, and apparently only associated with the Developer Certificate. In the My Certificates section, however, I see both my Developer and Distribution Certificates, both associated with a private key. I still think it's strange, but the app I submitted is sitting in the "waiting for review" queue.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.