Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
A lot of us here really like cars and the automotive world. This thread is for sharing pics of cars you like or dislike. Cool cars, ugly cars, sexy cars, whatever. So, if your friends have some cool cars, or you've recently been to a car show or meet, or just want to talk about cars in general, feel free to do so here. That way the "Pictures of YOUR car" thread can continue to be where people post their own personal cars, and this thread will be for all the other stuff.

I'll start...

The new BMW M5 Concept was revealed today. Like many of BMW's concepts, though, the real car will look very similar to this when revealed. I love the look of the new F10 5-series, and this new M version is even better. Great looking, as usual from the M Division...

qzxaM.jpg

z1eg4.jpg

9IhIW.jpg

Also, Pagani has recently revealed the car that will replace the aging Zonda. That was an utterly amazing car, so it will take a lot to top that. With the new Huayra, though, it seems as though they did. Not quite as flamboyant and wild as the Zonda, but hardly any less sexy. This is a SPECTACULAR looking car, and the interior is possibly my favorite on any road car, EVER!! Amazing....

YL4zw.jpg

XX5me.jpg

5SwNw.jpg

MoUo2.jpg

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Not gonna lie, but the interior on the second car look a little .... out there.
There are always a few Rolls Royces at the mall, I'll try to see if I can find a pic on my phone.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I just went to the Denver Automotive show and crapped my pants lol
I miss going to good auto shows. I went to college in Phoenix, and they have a pretty good car show every year. Here in Omaha, we get just the basics for new cars, with a few random concept cars sprinkled in here and there. Nothing great, really, and that sucks. I'd love to get over to Geneva or Frankfurt to see one of those huge shows one of these years.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I saw that article about the M5 concept this morning. The new 5er looks much better than the one just replaced, but I'm still very partial to the E39 5 series. I had a 2003 530i and to this day regret getting rid of it.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I saw that article about the M5 concept this morning. The new 5er looks much better than the one just replaced, but I'm still very partial to the E39 5 series. I had a 2003 530i and to this day regret getting rid of it.
BMWs are sort of like Mustangs with me. I'm always sort of indifferent to them when new ones are released, but as years go by and they get older, I start to really like them. The E39 M5 is no different. It is in my Top 10 favorite cars of all time, easily. It rides that fine line between sport and luxury so well....

PTNUJ.jpg

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
BMWs are sort of like Mustangs with me. I'm always sort of indifferent to them when new ones are released, but as years go by and they get older, I start to really like them. The E39 M5 is no different. It is in my Top 10 favorite cars of all time, easily. It rides that fine line between sport and luxury so well....
Totally agree. The E39 M5 is a modern classic. I almost bought a used one in 2005, but opted for a new E46 M3 instead. Sadly, I don't have that anymore but I do miss it.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
Personally I dislike the F series BMWs. From afar I don't know if it's a decent looking run of the mill Japanese car or an actual BMW. The E39 5 series I do agree with being just tits though. I think the E36 3 series usually look like junkers unless they are in pristine condition, which most seem to be utterly abused. Bring back the E46 style headlights and rear, with the very distinct OVAL kidneys.

My favorite car of all time as its truly lightweight AND nutty HP/Torque unlike the Veyron which is just heavy and nutty HP/Torque:

418114836_fde6bfe1e6.jpg

Then the other truly beautiful car IMO is the Orca C11 which a father and son made:

orca-c113-02.jpg

2004_ORCA_C113_Prototype.jpg

2005-Orca-C113-Prototype-Engine-1280x960.jpg

I'm also a sucker for 90s vaporware supercars...

Also, the BMW 8 series should not have been stopped...so beautiful and the interior to die for.... The only thing wrong with it was to try to add 2 very small back seats:
bmw_1992-850CSi-002_4.jpg

I just wish I fit in it....otherwise I would have picked one up by now...

And THE car that set THE standard in the sporty family car market:
History_M3_E30_1.jpg

Last edited:

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2006
Missouri
I currently drive a 2006 Grand Prix.

Next car I hope to buy (hopefully before the end of the year):
attachment.php

2011 Camaro SS/2SS/RS IOM with Orange interior, black stripe, GM black rims.

*REALISTIC* dream car. I'll hopefully own one someday.:
IMG_0843.JPG

2010 (or late-model when I actually get it) green Viper ACR.

*PURE FANTASY* dream car:
Lamborghini_Revent%C3%B3n_Roadster-thumb-450x337.jpg

Lamborghini Reventon Roadster.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
*REALISTIC* dream car. I'll hopefully own one someday.:
IMG_0843.JPG

2010 (or late-model when I actually get it) green Viper ACR.
The world's biggest Viper dealer is up here about 45mins away from me. Woodhouse is THE place to go if you want to buy, or just gawk at, a ton of sweet Vipers. They're one of Dodge's biggest clients in the motorsports world, and expanded that to the street cars. Pretty sweet place. I bought my Talon from them years ago, and got to see The Viper Pit, as they call it. It is a sight to behold....

(not my pics)
xmAHC.jpg

ImITR.jpg

y37Vq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2006
Missouri
The world's biggest Viper dealer is up here about 45mins away from me. Woodhouse is THE place to go if you want to buy, or just gawk at, a ton of sweet Vipers. They're one of Dodge's biggest clients in the motorsports world, and expanded that to the street cars. Pretty sweet place. I bought my Talon from them years ago, and got to see The Viper Pit, as they call it. It is a sight to behold....

(not my pics)
xmAHC.jpg

ImITR.jpg

y37Vq.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I just made a huge mess. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I've attended SCCA World Challenge GT racing where Woodhouse Performance raced vipers. Always loved watching the Vipers, Corvettes, Porsches, and Cadillacs mix it up and swap paint for an hour. I'll see the World Challenge races this year at Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta). That's a fun track to watch them race.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I've attended SCCA World Challenge GT racing where Woodhouse Performance raced vipers. Always loved watching the Vipers, Corvettes, Porsches, and Cadillacs mix it up and swap paint for an hour. I'll see the World Challenge races this year at Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta). That's a fun track to watch them race.
Yea, I didn't put 2 and 2 together with them, until I got to see the Viper Pit. I used to watch the Speed GT and Touring races, and saw the Woodhouse team on there all the time, but I never thought it was the same organization. I just never thought of Nebraska as a place that could be home to a top-notch race team like that. Pretty cool.

When I got to see the Pit, there were a couple LeMans race-prepped cars in there. Quite a sight to behold, as I'd never seen a full-on race car like that up close. I'd auto-x'd for a while, but that was mostly just street cars, or mild race-tuned cars. The Viper was an amazing race car, and seeing one up close like that was awesome.

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Awesome!

Here are some photos I snapped from two car shows I went to over the weekend. I didn't bring my Prelude as I was in the middle of bleeding my brake lines so I just stopped by on foot.

Speed Syndicate BBQ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.