Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Missjenna
macrumors 6502a

How to remove black square?

I cant for the life of me remember how to remove the black square around the instagram icon. Can someone please tell me the file(s) name and location? I already have the icon shadows removed so I do not need help with that.

Thanks for the help
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:47 AM   #2
crazycru
macrumors newbie

Springboard Modification

I have read about two ways to do this. 1st is to get a transparent png file, SSH into phone, and put it into theme.xxx folder under bundles\com.springboard.app and rename them as following:

WallpaperIconDockShadow~iphone.png
WallpaperIconShadow~iphone.png

You will then have to go into winterboard and select theme.

If you are not using winterboard, you can always go SSH into phone, go to System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and rename the files above to .bak instead of .png

I have found it much easier to do the second option. Make sure to respring to complete changes.
crazycru is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks