Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:51 AM   #1
Ahheck01
macrumors 6502

Question Any Reason not to go with BSE rear skin + Black Leather Smart Cover?

I'll be getting a 16GB Verizon 3G (black) soon, and based on research I'm planning on the BestSkinsEver rear skin, no skin on the front, and a black leather Smart Cover.

Any words of caution against that, or strong recommendations to pick something over those two?

Thanks!
Ahheck01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 02:35 AM   #2
mojojosung
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahheck01 View Post
I'll be getting a 16GB Verizon 3G (black) soon, and based on research I'm planning on the BestSkinsEver rear skin, no skin on the front, and a black leather Smart Cover.

Any words of caution against that, or strong recommendations to pick something over those two?

Thanks!
I think that's a perfectly fine set up. I too have a similar set up (smart cover, back cover from juststickit, and a sleeve from xtrememac. I just don't like adding bulkiness to my ipad, and this set up works fine with me. If you are planning on carrying your ipad a lot, you should also consider getting a sleeve.
mojojosung is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:53 PM   #3
TOYOTATruck07
macrumors member

That's exactly what I have now. Works great, I'd say go for it.
TOYOTATruck07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:07 PM   #4
stealthmode29
macrumors member

The ONLY thing I would add to that would be a Power Support Crystal Clear screen protector= perfect setup.

If the Ipad never leaves the house, this is the BEST setup IMHO. Otherwise, add Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve and you're golden.

I personally have the Incase Book Jacket as well but I like to switch from time to time.
stealthmode29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 02:41 PM   #5
TwinCitiesJHawk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmode29 View Post
The ONLY thing I would add to that would be a Power Support Crystal Clear screen protector= perfect setup.

If the Ipad never leaves the house, this is the BEST setup IMHO. Otherwise, add Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve and you're golden.

I personally have the Incase Book Jacket as well but I like to switch from time to time.
this is exactly how I have my Ipad2. BSE Back, Red Smart cover, Hard Candy bubble sleeve, and PS Anti-glare on order...
TwinCitiesJHawk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:11 PM   #6
zea mays
macrumors regular

Very similar to mine! BSE on the back, orange smart cover, SGP Steinheil Crystal on the front and I use a waterfield suede jacket in my purse.
zea mays is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:18 PM   #7
Ahheck01
macrumors 6502

Would those with a similar setup be willing to show pics?

Here's what I'm looking at:
• Apple iPad: 16GB Verizon 3G - $629 + tax = $673
• iPad Case: Black Leather SmartCover - $69 + tax = $74
• iPad Skin: BestSkinsEver Rear Skin - $19
• iPad Stand: Skadoosh Stand - $69

Total: $835

Man... I'm really debating if it's worth $106 to get double the storage... heck, or $213 extra for quadruple the storate O_O but would I use it? I'm so torn...
Ahheck01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:41 PM   #8
AZ-James
macrumors newbie

Thats my exact setup too. And I love it. As far as pics go, check out the BSE thread in the forums. There are some good pics in there.

I also picked up a neoprene case on ebay to use when I throw it in my backpack or if Im carrying around. Simple enough of a case, cheap, and has a place for earbuds or other accessories.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I too debated 16 or 32G. I went with 32G and very glad I did but it depends on what you are putting on it. Apps will not be a problem either way but If you plan to put more than a couple movies on it, I would recommend the 32G.
AZ-James is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:47 PM   #9
gigaguy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahheck01 View Post

Man... I'm really debating if it's worth $106 to get double the storage... heck, or $213 extra for quadruple the storate O_O but would I use it? I'm so torn...
My opinion, 16gb is workable for most people, but 32 gives you plenty of room for options for $100 more. I think for the cost, 32 makes sense. 64, not so much. I don't see where 64 really adds much worth unless you want to load 64 (probably 59gb?) on there all the time.
gigaguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 05:14 PM   #10
3goldens
macrumors 68000

well one reason would be that it sucks!
3goldens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Meever
macrumors 6502a

If you're not sure I'd get 32gb. It's a good middle ground. I carry:

5gb of music
4gb of app (gps app takes about 1.5gb on it's own)
2gb of books
3gb of pictures
12gb of video (that's like 3 movies, 4 tv show eps in native resolution)
And rest of the space is for created content (Garage Band, Notes, Videos, etc)

If you have any intentions of watching videos then you're going to want 32gb at least.

btw. I was talking pictures and i realized it would be kind of pointless to post them. It looks exactly like a plain ol' iPad 2 with a smart cover. Except the back is shiny XD
Meever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:14 PM   #12
Chip NoVaMac
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meever View Post
If you're not sure I'd get 32gb. It's a good middle ground. I carry:

5gb of music
4gb of app (gps app takes about 1.5gb on it's own)
2gb of books
3gb of pictures
12gb of video (that's like 3 movies, 4 tv show eps in native resolution)
And rest of the space is for created content (Garage Band, Notes, Videos, etc)

If you have any intentions of watching videos then you're going to want 32gb at least.

btw. I was talking pictures and i realized it would be kind of pointless to post them. It looks exactly like a plain ol' iPad 2 with a smart cover. Except the back is shiny XD
I bought the first iPad with 64GB... never used it to the fullest. 32GB was my choice for the iPad 2.

But back to the OP's post - I decided on the SGP skin for the iPad 2. Thinking that the grip will be better, and I think it looks cool with the black Smart Cover I have. Will know more in the next day or so if my choice worked out.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories