Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bionica8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I have to use the Lumix DMC-FX75 for a work web project. I stupidly selected the AVCHD option instead of MJPEG thinking 'Ooh fancy HD feature' before realizing it's a nightmare on my imac (just bought maybe 6 months ago)

I'm not so well versed in video editing as it is and have tried to upload the video files on a mac & pc with no luck. From reading some threads here I've found that it can be done through imovie 09.

How can I upload the video files from the memory card into imovie so I can edit the footage? (where are they? What is their file extension?)

I'm a total novice so I would appreciate the help desperately!

alph45

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
don't you just plug your camera / card reader into your computer to import? the process should be the same for stills and video.

are you saying your not using imovie 09 but an earlier version that doesn't support AVCHD? google will provide the specs/ability of each imovie version.

bionica8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
So that worked!

BUT now I need to yousendit these files to someone else. I don't know what they're called or where to find them on my hard drive? :(

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
If they've come from a stills camera, they should be in iPhoto. If you've imported them into iMovie, select a clip in the Events Library, right click and select "Show in Finder".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.