Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
I had my iPhone 4 plugged in, but turned off overnight, this morning, I turned it back on, quit all the open Apps and then restarted (holding the home button and power button).

Since then I've noticed some of the settings have reset to the default.

The Ringtone and Text tone have reset to Marimba and Tri-tone respectively and the 'Show Preview' message setting had reverted to On.

Phone is not jail broken, the other settings remain how I had set them.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I did once very randomly. It wasn't even on 4.3.1 either. I restarted my phone and sure enough my sounds had been reset to default. I also only use the built in tones so it was pretty weird. If I remember right, it also reset my battery gauge and a couple more things. It's only happened once though.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
I did once very randomly. It wasn't even on 4.3.1 either. I restarted my phone and sure enough my sounds had been reset to default. I also only use the built in tones so it was pretty weird. If I remember right, it also reset my battery gauge and a couple more things. It's only happened once though.

Ah, glad its not just me.

Yes, I had the battery displaying the percentage, but after turning back on it just had the graphic.

Also the rotation lock, which I had on, was switched off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.