Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 1, 2005, 08:24 PM   #1
havenhamilton
macrumors 6502

Question Airport Express + PS2 + Netgear

The person i live with recently bought a netgear model cg814wg router. i'm trying to set up my airport express so i can play my playstation2 online. ive read every topic i can on the subject but none are helpful. is there anyone who was in my situtation who can help me? i called apple and they wont help me because of the netgear and netgear wont help me because of apple. im really stuck and need help. thanks so much
havenhamilton is offline   0
Old Mar 1, 2005, 08:28 PM   #2
markjones05
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by havenhamilton
The person i live with recently bought a netgear model cg814wg router. i'm trying to set up my airport express so i can play my playstation2 online. ive read every topic i can on the subject but none are helpful. is there anyone who was in my situtation who can help me? i called apple and they wont help me because of the netgear and netgear wont help me because of apple. im really stuck and need help. thanks so much
I have no helpful information, i just wanted to say that i think netgear sucks. I've had 2 or their wireless b routers that have stopped working after about a week. Now I dislike them even more after hearing they refuse to help you because of the type of computer you have. Unreal.
markjones05 is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 03:52 AM   #3
havenhamilton
macrumors 6502

bump

bump....
havenhamilton is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 05:02 PM   #4
Apple
macrumors 6502

sorry but i dont think it will work on your router. You have to have a WRT54G linksys router or one of the belkin models (not sure which). This is because you have to set it up as a router in WDS, because the ethernet port has to be free.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 03:18 AM   #5
Monk Edsel
macrumors regular

I tried to get my AP Express to play nice with my PS2 and couldn't get it to work. It's technically possible (I found a few items on the web about it, nothing sufficiently thorough however) but I've never been able to do it. I also tried to share my PB's connection by plugging the PS2 into the PB and enabling sharing but that didn't work either (on Windoze it worked very well, however). So... yeah. I'd just get a wireless bridge or one of the access points LinkSys makes just for that purpose.
Monk Edsel is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers