Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacBoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 on contract, and the carrier/network that i am on says that if i drop my iphone outside of my house, that i can get it replaced free.

If i jailbreak my iPhone and i drop it outside my house but i cant switch it on or anything to restore it, will they still replace it even though it's jailbroken?

?

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
If it is broken enought to not connect via usb they cant tell if it is jailbroken.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
then why did you ask the question? :confused:

if you break it so much they can't/won't connect to iTunes then as you've probably realised they won't know because they can't find out (unless they dig into your iphone.)

If you're not prepared/don't understand the little things needed to keep your idevice 'within warranty' then you probs shouldn't be jailbreaking in the first place. Also, check this awesome site. Also, rhetorical questions on MR don't go down well.. as you can see.

iMacBoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
It's not apple that will be replacing it, it's O2-UK.

So forget the warranty issue, this is basically insurance with O2.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
It's not apple that will be replacing it, it's O2-UK.

So forget the warranty issue, this is basically insurance with O2.

O2 probably just send them back to Apple to claim some money or something. Either way, you should try to restore where possible.

coasterswim

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
I doubt they would care that it's jailbroken. It's not like they would try to claim that the jailbreak caused you to drop/shatter your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.