Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
When I google search, clicking links redirects me to http://www.bestsearchpage.com , this happens in both safari and opera.

Seems common on windows but I cannot find any mention of it on a mac or how to remove it?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
First, you don't have a virus.

Second, you probably have been affected by a DNS injection attack on your router, not your computer. Simply resetting the router to default configuration and then setting it up again with a good secure password should be fine for now.

jW

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Read the "Why am I being redirected to other sites?" section of the link that simsaladimbamba posted.

Relentlos

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Hm, first I've heard of routers being hacked. Do you just need a good password to protect the router?

I remember I used to have my IE homepage hijacked in Windows 98/ME. Even if it was reset, it would change again. That was a virus or some type of program which was causing it.

I haven't dealt with viruses or anything for quite some time while using OS X, but I recently dealt with what I guess would be a Trojan Horse. It was called "Vista Anti-Virus 2011", and it locked down a friend's computer so much that they couldn't even get on the internet. It would just popup and demand payment to remove the fake infections it found.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.