Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
USA
How do I get rid of the IOS developer stuff, it's like 15GB and I need to free up space on my MacBook Air, I don't need the developer software anymore. I don't see a uninstaller in utilities, so do I just trash the developer folder? Will that get rid of all of it?

EDIT:

I've tried to type this in terminal as the PDF says: $ sudo <Xcode>/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

this gives me a bad command prompt.

Last edited by a moderator:

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
I've tried to type this in terminal as the PDF says: $ sudo <Xcode>/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

this gives me a bad command prompt.

are you typing it completely like that?

You need to make sure the <Xcode> is actually referring to where XCode is installed and not <XCode>

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I don't see a uninstaller in utilities, so do I just trash the developer folder? Will that get rid of all of it?
That's one simple way but doesn't get rid of everything (leaves a few remnants). Most of the 15GB should be reclaimed though.

Replace <Xcode> with /Developer if you went with the default install location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.