Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
this is exactly what i've been looking for! It looks exactly like the Targus VuScape but with magnets.. anyone have this?

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
this is exactly what i've been looking for! It looks exactly like the Targus VuScape but with magnets.. anyone have this?

I'm surprised I never heard of it either.

I found this review of the first version for the ipad 1. It looks really good and nice. I was looking for something like this but I was hoping someone would post a review before I commit to buying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCBWpoYT6jY

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I changed the title to hopefully attract more people to this thread. I'm really REALLY intrigued by this case since it seems to have all fo the features I want but I was hoping someone had more info on the case. Looks like the reviews for the previous Toblino case are overwhemingly positive.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Looks good but I think they should have included one more slot for angled use. As it is now there isn't an angle to type on it.

N23

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
There is, watch the YouTube video. Case looks great, think I'll give it a try.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
The typing angle is the only angle that I really don't care about in just about any case since I don't see myself ever using it but I can see why it's important to some. That being said, the review seems to show that you can put it that way.

This looks like a really interesting case though. It stays shut and uses the sleep wake function.

Why can't Marware just release their cases! Ugh. I wish we at least had an actual date that they would ship.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Thanks for the heads-up about the case. After reading the reviews (including the reviews for the Ipad 1 version of the case), put in an order. I tried the Targus vuscape, which has an almost identical design (without the sleep/wake feature), but it was so poorly made, my Ipad 2 wouldn't fit. I suspect it was rushed out before the Ipad was available for Targus to test.

Getting tired of waiting for Portenzo, Treegloo, and Marware to ship me ordered cases; looking for something (anything) to give my Ipad a little protection. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I'm still trying to figure out why no one is talking about this case since it has everything that a lot of people seem to want.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
After looking for a case for a long time, thanks to my wife finding this case for me in less than 5 minutes. I guess we are focusing on more known brands and miss the other good cases. I will have mine next week. It has everything I want and the price is right.

noneother

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2007
Cancelled my marware microshell folio for this. Hope I like the bezel not being fully secured.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I'm torn. I really wanted to see the Marware CEO case cause I love the strap that you can put your hand through on the inside. Damn them. I'm on the fence about ordering this one and returning the one I don't like.

slaphotk

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Does the front cover fold back flat on this case? For holding like a book /magazine..?

longlong14

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
this seems like the best case i've seen so far.
slim, folds back, auto sleep/wake, made with leather.
i think im going to order one.

mgchan

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Looks nice, like that it is small and the iPad appears to slide out pretty easily if you want to use it without the case. Anyone know if there are any issues with sliding the iPad in if a screen film is in place? Also, whe it folds backwards does it have any magnets that keep the cover from flopping around?

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Looks nice, like that it is small and the iPad appears to slide out pretty easily if you want to use it without the case. Anyone know if there are any issues with sliding the iPad in if a screen film is in place? Also, whe it folds backwards does it have any magnets that keep the cover from flopping around?

Honestly it seems that this case is a complete mystery. No one on the boards seems to have one of the previous ones. It looks like a couple of people ordered them though so I'm hoping that they can provide some feedback on the case. It looks pretty good and it's definnitely got me intrigued but I'm still waiting for hear more before I order it.

mwjd299

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2003
Santa Maria, CA

I have the Targus Vuscape and I wanted another for 2nd iPad arriving Tuesday, but they have been hard to find. Then I saw this and it seems exactly the same but leather and has sleep/wake function. Amazon has it for same price as Targus. I placed my order. MSRP is $49.99, Amazon $39.99. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.