Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:15 PM   #1
darkkro
macrumors newbie

Can't connect my macbook pro 15" to my LCD monitor

So I have the mini DVI port to HDMI.

That connection works perfectly fine to my 42' LCD HDTV

However, when I try to connect that same mini DVI to HDMI port to my Monitor which is converted from HDMI back to standard DVI, my LCD monitor doesn't detect the signal and my macbook pro won't mirror my desktop image.

help please!
darkkro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:20 PM   #2
ashy7
macrumors newbie

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a similar problem to the OP.

I have a mini display port --> HDMI converter, then use a HDMI --> DVI cable to connect MacBook Pro to a Samsung SyncMaster BX2335 monitor. As you can guess, this doesn't work.

I can use the same HDMI --> DVI cable to connect the PS3 to the monitor, and this works. Then if I unplug the cable from the PS3 and plug it straight into the Mac, it starts to work.

Help!
ashy7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro