Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
Hey guys,

Weighing my options with my 05.16.02 BB 3GS. I've been searching for an un-updated phone, but that is proving hard to do. Seems like my options are either upgrade to 6.15, which sounds like a really bad idea, or possibly this Gevey Sim card trick. Does the Gevey card work on a 3GS, or is that just an iPhone 4 thing?

Thanks!

Mike

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Actually, you only need a micro sim adapter that you can buy online for less than $1/each. I am using a micro sim adapter on my old 3gs, just in case I need a micro sim to use it in ip 4 for testing purposes.

Would the microsim adaptor and gevey adaptor work and fit fine though.
Too many adapters in one sim slot and good chances of everything getting stuck in there and damaging the phone.

sfjava

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Would the microsim adaptor and gevey adaptor work and fit fine though.
Too many adapters in one sim slot and good chances of everything getting stuck in there and damaging the phone.

I use a scoth tape to hold it, but you're right that there is a possibility of getting stuck.

tanok

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
I use a scoth tape to hold it, but you're right that there is a possibility of getting stuck.

hello, can you tell me exactly what i must buy to unlock iphone 3gs with baseband 05.15.04 or upper?
does the gevey sim work?
thanx bye

savestheday

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
I'm almost willing to take the chance on this. Would love to get the Gevey solution for my brother's 3GS. May pick up a Gevey & Micro Sim adapter and let everyone know if it works (that is if no one else has tried it).

tanok

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
I'm almost willing to take the chance on this. Would love to get the Gevey solution for my brother's 3GS. May pick up a Gevey & Micro Sim adapter and let everyone know if it works (that is if no one else has tried it).
hello, have you tried if gevey sim work on 3gs with bb 05.15.04?
thanks for the answer

Pgohlke

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
Centerville, Ohio
I was wondering if there is any news as to whether the sim works with the 3GS? If I take the normal sim and cut a hole for the gevey sim to stick through then tap it together will this work?

sasisoul

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Does the Gevey Sim work on a 3GS?

Hello,

Is there someone that has tested if the Gevey Sim works on a 3GS?

Thanks

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
Hello,

Is there someone that has tested if the Gevey Sim works on a 3GS?

Thanks

I'd like to know the answer to the above as well. I was given a 3GS, but unfortunately it has been upgraded to IOS5, BB 5.16.05. I'm trying to unlock without having to flash the iPad BB, since that screws up GPS.

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2002
I am interested in the same thing. I have an old 3GS that accidentally got updated to iOS5 that I would like to take to Europe next summer if I can. Is there any other way to unlock it without doing the iPad BB addition? What ever happened to the website a while back that would unlock your iPhone for you? I'm no longer using the phone on ATT so will they unlock it for me?
Thanks!
Macaddict16

pmanos39

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Will the gevey sim work with iphone 4 ?

i have the iphone 4 ios 5 firmware 03.11.05. will the gevey sim work with it?

6italia0

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Will the gevey sim work with iphone 4 ?

Yes, any gevey card will work as long as the modem firmware is anything but 04.11.08 or 04.12.01

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.