Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:41 PM   #1
failurebydesign
macrumors newbie

Mbp screen keeps going black/sleep

Okay, so basically on Thursday I was on my blog and then all of a sudden my screen went black. I hit all the keys and the mousepad and nothing happened. I finally started adjusting the screen and that seemed to help it. Friday and Saturday the MBP would start working fine for about an hour or two and then it would go black again. Today it wasn't working at all. So I called Apple and the guy told me to do a number of things. I've already tried the obvious restarting the computer and unplugging and replugging in the computer. [Its fully charged, btw] We tried the whole control+option+R+P. We tried getting into safemode. We tried working with the install DVD. And during every attempt the MBP screen would go black/to sleep. He told me that I should go to an Apple store to try and get the issue resolved because nothing was working over the phone. After I got off the phone with him I tried rebooting my computer and just like before, right when my desktop appeared the screen went black and the blinking light showed it was sleeping. I managed to get the MBP screen at a good angle for now so that the screen stays lit but I can't work with my computer whilst trying to keep the screen at the exact same angle the whole time. I really don't want to have to go to the Apple store because its sort of a hassle to get over there. /: So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to fix this problem on my own?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ^___^ [also I got this MBP as a Christmas gift this past holiday season so its not that old...I still have a good warranty on it.]
failurebydesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:19 PM   #2
PwcrLinux
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by failurebydesign View Post
Okay, so basically on Thursday I was on my blog and then all of a sudden my screen went black. I hit all the keys and the mousepad and nothing happened. I finally started adjusting the screen and that seemed to help it. Friday and Saturday the MBP would start working fine for about an hour or two and then it would go black again. Today it wasn't working at all. So I called Apple and the guy told me to do a number of things. I've already tried the obvious restarting the computer and unplugging and replugging in the computer. [Its fully charged, btw] We tried the whole control+option+R+P. We tried getting into safemode. We tried working with the install DVD. And during every attempt the MBP screen would go black/to sleep. He told me that I should go to an Apple store to try and get the issue resolved because nothing was working over the phone. After I got off the phone with him I tried rebooting my computer and just like before, right when my desktop appeared the screen went black and the blinking light showed it was sleeping. I managed to get the MBP screen at a good angle for now so that the screen stays lit but I can't work with my computer whilst trying to keep the screen at the exact same angle the whole time. I really don't want to have to go to the Apple store because its sort of a hassle to get over there. /: So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to fix this problem on my own?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ^___^ [also I got this MBP as a Christmas gift this past holiday season so its not that old...I still have a good warranty on it.]
Hello there,

You can go to system preferences (Gearbox icon) on the dock bar and select energy saver and if you using a AC power, so you can move the slider to OFF for the computer sleep and set the display to 15 minutes on the slider, Leave the 3 boxes that not checked or ticked.

For battery saver; Computer sleep set at 10 minutes and display set at 5 minutes. then last 3 boxes are: Hard drive sleep OFF and 2 boxes should be stay ticked or checked.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro