Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi.
I'm looking for this MBP:

15" Hi-Res Glossy Screen
2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
750GB 5400rpm HD
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR5

Would an Apple store in London stock it, or at least a similar model? Or can it be ordered to the store in time for Friday? Is there any way to check what models each store stock?

Not in a big rush but visiting London on Friday so would be nice to get it then rather than ordering online.

Derango

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Apple store will not have that config. They have the base configs, plus usually one config that's totally tricked out with the highest options, high res anti-glare screen and all that.

Pretty sure you don't order to the store, you order direct to you when doing a BTO.

And you can call up any store and ask what they've got in stock.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Call them and ask. Some stores stock more BTOs than others. Some may not stock BTOs at all. Don't get the RAM from Apple though, it's overpriced.

TheFarmer

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Call them and ask. Some stores stock more BTOs than others. Some may not stock BTOs at all. Don't get the RAM from Apple though, it's overpriced.

^This. You're in the UK too so I have no idea what they offer over there :D Here in the US, they don't have high res glossy screens at the store. I was told by more than one Apple store it's an online order option only...this was several years ago though.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
^This. You're in the UK too so I have no idea what they offer over there :D Here in the US, they don't have high res glossy screens at the store. I was told by more than one Apple store it's an online order option only...this was several years ago though.

Thanks. Looking at the prices, I'll get 8GB of RAM from Crucial for half as much! :D Since I'll be getting two (don't ask why) I'll use the extra £80 to pay for one of the high res screens :D

ZombieZakk

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Hi.
I'm looking for this MBP:

15" Hi-Res Glossy Screen
2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
750GB 5400rpm HD
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR5

Would an Apple store in London stock it, or at least a similar model? Or can it be ordered to the store in time for Friday? Is there any way to check what models each store stock?

Not in a big rush but visiting London on Friday so would be nice to get it then rather than ordering online.

they wont have that config you might be able to find one with the AG display and they can upgrade the ram in the store but honestly unless you have a HE discount or some discount upgrade the ram yourself its much cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.