Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:21 AM   #1
superosky
macrumors newbie

Question about creating a "company" email

So I want to create a company email like "info@server.mydomain.com" and then have multiple employees able to read the emails from their respective Mac Mail clients. I tried to use the "enable server group mailing list". The problem is that if I send email to our group like "office-wiki@mydomain.com" the email will go through however the emails only appear in the wiki webpage and not in each employees Mac mail.

so basically is there a way to make a company email that would send the messages to each employee right on their desktops in Mac Mail or do I just set up a new user "info" and have each employee add that account to their Mac Mail apps?

Thanks
superosky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:20 PM   #2
etchtech09
macrumors member

I am sure there are many ways to do this...

I would take a look at the file /etc/aliases. This file will allow you to redirect local mail to different accounts. The man page is at the end of the file to give you some more help.
etchtech09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking