Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Apr 11, 2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Reggi
macrumors newbie

New iPod 6" Version?...

Only appears to be speculation, but seems cool to me: http://t-gaap.com/2011/4/11/reasons-...%22-ipod-touch

Also thought the 5th gen iPod touch with no physical home button also made sense: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/05/...-touch-images/

If Apple were ship a 6" iPod touch for say $299 and $399, wouldn't it be a massively disruptive force against anyone else in that range of screen size? I know I'd get one.
Reggi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:49 PM   #2
WLS
macrumors 6502a

Interesting catch but it belongs in the ipodTouch discussion forum.
Edit. Thread has been moved.

Last edited by WLS; Apr 13, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
WLS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Brucewl
Banned

So... this forum is not iPod Touch discussion forum?
Brucewl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:41 AM   #4
WLS
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucewl View Post
So... this forum is not iPod Touch discussion forum?
It wasn't when it was originally posted. It was in iPod and moved.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:12 AM   #5
JacksSmith
macrumors newbie

It will be really interesting to see the race in market for that range slice between various smartphone and iPod manufacturers if iPod 6 goes for $299 or $399.
JacksSmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Reggi
macrumors newbie

Sorry, I don't post too often, just started, and missed the iPod touch category. If a 6" iPod touch with solid-state home button arrives (all under glass), that would just be pretty sweet. What type of screen resolution would this thing carry, that's the question. It's got to fit in-line with everything else. Apple's certainly not going to move to a completely different screen resolution that does not easily double/scale to their other iOS devices just for the iPod touch.
Reggi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 01:02 PM   #7
WLS
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
Sorry, I don't post too often, just started, and missed the iPod touch category. If a 6" iPod touch with solid-state home button arrives (all under glass), that would just be pretty sweet. What type of screen resolution would this thing carry, that's the question. It's got to fit in-line with everything else. Apple's certainly not going to move to a completely different screen resolution that does not easily double/scale to their other iOS devices just for the iPod touch.
Well it has to have the same screen ratio as the iPhone 4 and present Touch4 (3x2) and the same resolution too ( 960x640) in order to run iPhone apps. That could be done by making the pixels physically larger or it could be done by having a separate screen area on each side reserved for virtual buttons and such. We don't know now.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch