Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UWF404

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
How much battery life are some of you getting with the new 30 gig iPod photo? I fully charged it last night and let it play at around 11:45PMCST and it's now 7:44AM and it's already playing a bit weak and on it's last bit of juice. I notice it starts to play the music slow when battery is weak.

That's only 8 hours! :mad:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Did you charge it on the AC adapter until it said "Charged" first, or did you use your computer to charge it?

I routinely get 16 hours out of mine.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Is this the first time you charged it? Sometimes it takes the lithium-ion batteries a few cycles to reach their max peak. Try it a few more times then tell us if anything changed.

UWF404

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
iGary said:
Did you charge it on the AC adapter until it said "Charged" first, or did you use your computer to charge it?

I routinely get 16 hours out of mine.

When I first got it I attached it to Powerbook to sync up the music library. I listened to a couple tunes to test and then let it charge up via the powerbook.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
You have to charge it on the AC charger to a full charger FIRST before passing go and collecting $200.00.

Give it an AC charge untill it says charged as soon as you can. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.