Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 13, 2011, 08:30 PM   #1
svcghost
macrumors member

Disk Permissions keep changing!

The permissions in and around this directory:
"System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

keep changing. I have run disk permission repair 3 times in past 3 days and they keep coming up.

ANy idea why? Is this a problem? Could it be affecting my MBP performance, because I have been noticing a few issues.
svcghost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:28 PM   #2
diamond.g
macrumors 603

The java framework shouldn't be affecting the performance of your mac.
diamond.g is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:36 PM   #3
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcghost View Post
The permissions in and around this directory:
"System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

keep changing. I have run disk permission repair 3 times in past 3 days and they keep coming up.

ANy idea why? Is this a problem? Could it be affecting my MBP performance, because I have been noticing a few issues.
Hint: If you don't run "disk permission repair" and forget about it, you safe time, your Mac will run just as fine, and you will feel a lot better. You might post whatever real issues you have instead.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:21 PM   #4
svcghost
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
Hint: If you don't run "disk permission repair" and forget about it, you safe time, your Mac will run just as fine, and you will feel a lot better. You might post whatever real issues you have instead.
Hard to follow what you're trying to say.. but, Mr. Know-it-all, the other day I had a CRAP load of incorrect permissions on a bunch of files, then I repaired them and my computer was running a lot better. They were causing problems before. So I guess you're not right this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond.g View Post
The java framework shouldn't be affecting the performance of your mac.
Okay thank you. I was also curious as to why the permissions kept changing though. Any idea?

Last edited by annk; Apr 15, 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Post merge. Please use multi-quote.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:25 PM   #5
calderone
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Hard to follow what you're trying to say.. but, Mr. Know-it-all, the other day I had a CRAP load of incorrect permissions on a bunch of files, then I repaired them and my computer was running a lot better. They were causing problems before. So I guess you're not right this time.
This is what I like to call, B.S.

Explain why repairing permissions would cause your machine to run better. I look forward to your reply.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:34 PM   #6
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Displaying that attitude toward those that take the time to respond to your thread isn't going to motivate others to respond when you need help.

Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:56 AM   #7
svcghost
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderone View Post
This is what I like to call, B.S.

Explain why repairing permissions would cause your machine to run better. I look forward to your reply.
Idk you tell me. All I know is my computer was running slow and faulty (spinning wheels here and there, blank dropdown menus in the OS, and other stuff). Then I ran repair disk permissions and voila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Displaying that attitude toward those that take the time to respond to your thread isn't going to motivate others to respond when you need help.

Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore
Why would I be nice to a smart-alic comment like the one he made to me???? I always respect a person's answers if they are actually trying to help.

P.S. Thank you for that link.

Last edited by annk; Apr 15, 2011 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Post merge. Please use multi-quote.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro