Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorbetes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
Just have my iPAd, i was also thinking on how could i Jailbreak this, Do i need some special skill to jailbreak this or is there a site doing all this?

Does JB void warranty? If yes How could I prevent apple from voiding my warranty if I go to there apple center when my iPad brokes?

NEWBIE QUESTIONS!

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Just have my iPAd, i was also thinking on how could i Jailbreak this, Do i need some special skill to jailbreak this or is there a site doing all this?

Does JB void warranty? If yes How could I prevent apple from voiding my warranty if I go to there apple center when my iPad brokes?

NEWBIE QUESTIONS!

If you can read and follow the instruction, you can JB.

I advise you to google jailbreak and spend sometime before making a decision whether JB is for you or not since it sounds like you are very new to whole computing experience.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
If you don't know what you need it for, you probably don't need it.

Zermelo

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010

NEWBIE QUESTIONS!

It is not necessary. Very few things are necessary. The question is whether it is worth it.

Basically what you have to weigh is the pros and cons of jailbreaking. Essentially, jailbreaking allows you to run unsigned apps/code on your ipad. So the basic question for you to consider is "do any of the unsigned apps have value to you when weighed against the cons of jailbreaking."

The cons: You cannot automatically update the firmware when apple releases it. You will have to follow some tutorials which may seem confusing because there are different jailbreaks for different firmwares. And some firmwares have limited jailbreaks (tethered v. untethered). Finally, a lot of people install unsigned apps which slow down the performance of their idevice (I have not experienced this, but various people complain about this). And if you "accidently" upgrade the firmware, you will lose all your jailbroken apps/customizations.

The pros: that depends on you and what unsigned apps you find useful, so I can't really tell you that. I'm sure people will chime in and give opinions as to the best jailbroken apps are.

turbobass

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles
Just have my iPAd, i was also thinking on how could i Jailbreak this, Do i need some special skill to jailbreak this or is there a site doing all this?!

I've been googling this for my own (iPad 1 3G - 4.3.1) and have found several services that say they do this. Shouldn't be too hard.

Anyone have a Jailbreak favorite for iPad 1 (3G)?

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Far from necessary and sometimes a bit of a hassle. It is just a big bunch of tweaks that make it a much more pleasant experience to use, so much so that you may really miss it if you ever decide to not go with a jailbreak.

bla3c3

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012

NEWBIE QUESTIONS!

Now new technology has arrived you may get free software phone spy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.