Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Wikit is an application that displays wikipedia articles about your artists and albums. Now you can read detailed artist' biographies and fun trivia about your songs and albums as you play music in iTunes.

mzi.zbvgxzsi.175x175-75.png

★ Features ★

✓ Artist's information: life, career, discography
✓ Album information
✓ Track information
✓ Automatic information refresh as track change in iTunes
✓ Information available in more than 10 languages including: english, french, spanish, deutch, polish, russian, dutch, portuguese, japanese

mzl.fgdnaria.800x500-75.jpg

It is now available from the Mac App Store. A list of most frequently asked questions is also available.

★ Price ★

Wikit is priced at $2.99. Download.

★ Promo ★
To win a promo code to download the app for free, be the first to comment on this thread. The first 10 commenters will each get a promo code.

We are looking forward to getting your feedback.

Cheers,
Allad
YC Soft team

Last edited:

allad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Your promo codes have been sent to you by private messages. Let me know if you have any question.

Still 8 more codes left. :)

bruama80

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Wirelessly posted (BA iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Can i have a code please??
Thank you very much!

allad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Promo codes have been sent to you by private messages.

5 promo codes left. First come first served!

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Cheers for the Code. Just tried the software, it's a great little app. I have the feeling I'll be using it often. :D

Here's a few ideas, maybe for a future update.
  • Copy and Paste
  • Open in Safari button.
  • External links redirect to Safari.
  • Increase/Decrease font button(s).

But other than that, great software. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Thanks a lot for the code! I use wikpedia to retrieve info such as release dates all the time so this will come in very useful. roadbloc makes some good points concerning future improvements.

allad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Promo codes are available on all markets. Check your inboesx to get your codes.
Those were the last ones. Thanks everyone for the interest and the feedback. All suggestions will be taken into account for the next release of the app.

To those who didn't get a promo code, don't forget. Wikit is available in the Mac App Store for only $3.99!

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
It does need a bit of tweaking to restrict the kind of results available. For example "AC/DC" gives me this :

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-05 at 03.16.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-05 at 03.16.49 PM.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 73
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.