Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stupidm4n

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Would like to know if anyone has had issues with receiving payment from them as I sent my G5 on the 2nd of March and still not had money transferred into my bank.
They hardly reply to emails and when they do they just say same thing, that it takes 21 days for them to receive apple.
My problem is when they sent an email on 25th March saying "The equipment you returned has been received and tested. To enable us to transfer the quote you agreed to your bank account, we require your bank details." which was 159. So i did all that correctly then heard nothing till 7th April Saying

The specification of the equipment you returned is different to the specification you
communicated to us.
Please find our new quote based on the specification of your equipment.

GBP 111,30 because the condtition of the item is "Fair" due to a broken casing.

Please inform us how you want to proceed by answering this email with one of the following
responses:
(a) I agree to the new quote.
(b) Please send the equipment back to me. I am aware that a service charge of 20 Euro
Including V.A.T. per cash on delivery will apply
(c) I want the old equipment to be recycled without any further cost to me
Please provide us with your name and quote number.
IMPORTANT: Following our terms of use, your equipment will be recycled for free if we do
not receive an answer within 14 days.

I replied option (a) as not much choice even though its a metal case and was perfect when i sent it.
Now I have 7 days left before option (c) kicks in and they have not emailed me

Can anyone help

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Asking you for bank details probably means a scam. Why can't they send you a check?

Why can't you sell on craigslist?

stupidm4n

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
this is the company apple use for there apple computer reuse program and is linked to from apple website thats why assumed it genuine but like you say i think its scam now, but why apple use them ?

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
this is the company apple use for there apple computer reuse program and is linked to from apple website thats why assumed it genuine but like you say i think its scam now, but why apple use them ?

The company that apple use for recycling in the UK is repic limited: http://www.repic.co.uk/

Is that the company you are using? If so they have phone contact details on the website. Try giving them a call to sort things out.

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
IMPORTANT: Following our terms of use, your equipment will be recycled for free if we do not receive an answer within 14 days.

Unless they told you this when you first got a quote/sent off the device they cannot imply your agreement from silence- that is well established. Read the terms and conditions you agreed to originally, if it isn't there and they recycle without payment you can sue them.

Again, they can't charge you €20+VAT to return it to you unless it was there in the T&Cs you originally agreed to. Instead they can only charge the actual cost of returning.

And

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
92 ft above sea level, UK
I would report them to trading standards. Sounds a bit like 'webuyanycardotcom' who have just been done recently, they quote you an ok price and then hammer it down afterwards - they were successfully prosecuted for it. This company appear to be drumming the price down afterwards and making it irritating to get your kit back (by charging you more). Stick to ebay next time, you'd probably have sold your computer for the 165 with a buy it now... Retrospect is always a handy thing though I guess. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.