Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 4, 2005, 05:12 AM   #1
kanpachi
macrumors regular

PB 12" Rev. D Display Issues

Hi,
Does anyone notice a "border" around the left, bottom, and right sides of the PB 12" screen (i.e. when looking at the desktop background, it is faintly visible)? I can see a ~1-2mm thick faint dark line/bar that extends along these sides. Also, it seems to be darker on the bottom left of the screen near the corner, as opposed to the other areas of the screen where the illumination is uniform. Would appreciate some feedback on this if this is normal of 12" PBs (or PowerBooks in general). Thank you.
kanpachi is offline   0
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:01 AM   #2
varmit
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanpachi
Hi,
Does anyone notice a "border" around the left, bottom, and right sides of the PB 12" screen (i.e. when looking at the desktop background, it is faintly visible)? I can see a ~1-2mm thick faint dark line/bar that extends along these sides. Also, it seems to be darker on the bottom left of the screen near the corner, as opposed to the other areas of the screen where the illumination is uniform. Would appreciate some feedback on this if this is normal of 12" PBs (or PowerBooks in general). Thank you.
Most LCD screens have a small 1 to 2 mm black, or not in use, border around the screen. This is so that all the screen is visable, even if the screen was not put in the correct possition in the screen mount. This is normal for all PB, and I believe all laptops. But if you are talking about that your screen seems to fadeout twards the edge, then you might have a bad panel. Which is not fixable since it still works, sorry.
varmit is offline   0
Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:08 PM   #3
Apple
macrumors 6502

If you go to displays in system preferences then go to color, then calibrate..., you can adjust the screen to yur likin
Apple is offline   0
Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:48 PM   #4
kanpachi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
If you go to displays in system preferences then go to color, then calibrate..., you can adjust the screen to yur likin
Hmm... I tried this already, but it doesn't really do anything. 3 more days to return this laptop before the 14-day return policy. This PB experience has been so annoying!
kanpachi is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers