Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:31 PM   #1
jdminpdx
macrumors 6502

Thumbs down Bad news about the Speck FitFolio. Poorly made.

I was all for this case. And now I am annoyed and irritated with the quality. I went through two of these and had the exact same problem before finally getting my money back. See picture below. The interior felt was coming apart at where the case bends and the flap folds back behind the iPad when in use. I thought the first one was defective and got another. A day later the second one did the same thing. I use my iPad day in and day out and the build can't hold up to normal use. Lame.

jdminpdx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:34 PM   #2
psychonaut
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdminpdx View Post
I was all for this case. And now I am annoyed and irritated with the quality. I went through two of these and had the exact same problem before finally getting my money back. See picture below. The interior felt was coming apart at where the case bends and the flap folds back behind the iPad when in use. I thought the first one was defective and got another. A day later the second one did the same thing. I use my iPad day in and day out and the build can't hold up to normal use. Lame.

This is exactly the problem I had with the one I bought. Needless to say I plan to return it as well.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:39 PM   #3
jdminpdx
macrumors 6502

I'm not surprised. Going through 2 with the same issue and now hearing that you've had the issue makes me suspect that others will soon be chiming in as well. I've hit up Speck for a response.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:20 PM   #4
jdminpdx
macrumors 6502

I spoke with Speck and this isn't normal as someone pointed out.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:08 PM   #5
molly1
macrumors newbie

Same issue as others. Will return ASAP
molly1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:16 PM   #6
ani23
macrumors 6502

From my experience speck is pretty great with customer service. I got two back to back bad iPhone cases which didn't have working volume buttons. Finally they just overnighted me two cases when I ordered only one and said keep all of em.
ani23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:02 AM   #7
jdminpdx
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani23 View Post
From my experience speck is pretty great with customer service. I got two back to back bad iPhone cases which didn't have working volume buttons. Finally they just overnighted me two cases when I ordered only one and said keep all of em.
Speck took absolutely wonderful care of me. I'm very pleased with their CS.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:41 PM   #8
solace
macrumors regular

not experiencing this with mine yet *knock on wood*
solace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:56 PM   #9
jdminpdx
macrumors 6502

So Speck was wonderful and sent me a free replacement and any iPhone 4 case I wanted. They arrived today and the FitFolio, my 3rd, has the same problem! And I hadn't even used it! Right out of the box. I'm sorry but I would steer clear.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:13 AM   #10
freeman727
macrumors regular

Thumbs up

I am glad this post was made, I was about to get the fitfolio for the ipad 2 I have on order.
freeman727 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:58 AM   #11
bobbyrab
macrumors newbie

I have a Speck product on my i-Touch and it has not worn well at all. Based upon my experience I would not buy another Speck product. They may look cool, but their quality control remains suspect in my eyes.
bobbyrab is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories