Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeshaw92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Hi, recent bought a new MBP with my UK educational discount, and haven noticed that when the lid is closed, it is flush on the left had side, but has a 1-2mm gap on the right hand side at the front. If I push down, the left hand side comes up, suggesting the actual screen is warped. It doesnt affect the functionality of it, but I don't like knowing my new expensive machine isnt flawless!!

Any suggestions regarding what I can do?

Cheers

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Hi, recent bought a new MBP with my UK educational discount, and haven noticed that when the lid is closed, it is flush on the left had side, but has a 1-2mm gap on the right hand side at the front. If I push down, the left hand side comes up, suggesting the actual screen is warped. It doesnt affect the functionality of it, but I don't like knowing my new expensive machine isnt flawless!!

Any suggestions regarding what I can do?

Cheers

You have two options:
1) Take it back
2) Deal with it

joeshaw92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Well thats what I was thinking, but I wanted to know if they'd actually take it back for something so minor, or if there was a quick fix for the hinge, or maybe to get the screen back into shape

Robincognito

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
Well thats what I was thinking, but I wanted to know if they'd actually take it back for something so minor, or if there was a quick fix for the hinge, or maybe to get the screen back into shape

You can return your MBP regardless of whether or not it has a problem within 14 days of purchase.

Last edited:

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco

I wasn't trying to be harsh. But why mess with adjusting the hinge on a brand new machine. Let someone else do it (and keep your warranty!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.