Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cerano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Hey guys any products we can use to keep our MBAs in pristine condition and remove scratches?

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
First thing that comes to mind is Brasso, but an abrasive such as that might actually tarnish the matte coating around the scratches which would just make it worse. Long story short I think we may be out of luck.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
My first week of owning my MBA 13, I was going to move my Superdrive while still plugged in. The extremely short cord got me and it fell on my palmrest area leaving a ugly scratch. I had some Novus #2 fine scratch remover for glass and plastic. I used it and it did a good job. It was very obvious before and after 5 minutes of buffing, I really have to search for the spot.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I bought it in a 4 pack (I think) from Amazon a while back for scratches on my picture frame. The #2 did not tarnish around the outside of the scratch. But buyer beware, lol.... It worked for me.:D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 67

jhatz

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
I used to clean my Black MacBook with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. It would have scratches that seemed would not come out with light soap and a rag but immediately lifted out with the magic eraser. That was a plastic case however, I'm not sure how it works on the aluminum unibody style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.