Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
I came across a youtube comment recommending cyber acoustics iPad 2 leather case. Then after some research I found Maroo.com which are like a "sub-company" of cyber acoustics.

Anyway, their iPad 2 cases are here

I had ordered the Marware C.E.O. Hybrid case for iPad 2 but I didn't like the fact that you had to remove two corners of the iPad from the case to stand it up, exposing some of the back of the iPad.

I like this case even though it only offers two positions, it looks really good, they have lots of different designs on nylon & leather cases or u can opt for the plain more professional leather cases.

There's 11 different designs on the nylon cases, and four different leather ones at the moment.

I read on their facebook page that they will be putting the auto sleep/wake function on the case.

There are two small corner elastic bands to keep it shut as well.

I have preordered the Awanui II case

I like the individuality of their cases, they are different and unique.

I probably sound like an employee/affiliate of Maroo.com now, I am just excited to receive my case

From the photos, I can see there is a strap to put your hand in if you are standing it up and using it or you want to read, etc.

Anyway, the reason I made this thread because from what I can see, Maroo.com is quite new and so nobody knows about them. Check out their cases, you might find what you are looking for.

this is the design I chose is:

awanuicase.jpg

The photo shows the first iPad but its the same design

They also have the plain ones:

102121-004s.jpg

Here is the youtube video of the case by Steve:

CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO

Click for article on their bumper system and why pictures/descriptions are currently limited

Last edited:

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
no problem guys, glad uz like it. Glad I looked around lots to find this, cos' it was quite difficult to find the perfect case for me:cool:

I will be reviewing it on here once I receive it with close up photos, etc.:D

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
a little too bright for me and limited hands-free viewing angles

That's what I like about it!. I only need two viewing angles-typing and movie/tv. I will have the cover folded right back anyway most of the time I use it.

What will you be using it for?
And I admit it would be too bright for people <30 :p

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I have the premium leather/suede version on order. Since it was delayed and pre-ordered I got it for 79.99 instead of 99.99.

I have the 49.99 version for the iPad 1 which is very high quality, so I suspect the premium version should be top notch.

Has anyone actually received one yet? I'm curious how much bulk it adds.

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
I have the premium leather/suede version on order. Since it was delayed and pre-ordered I got it for 79.99 instead of 99.99.

I have the 49.99 version for the iPad 1 which is very high quality, so I suspect the premium version should be top notch.

Has anyone actually received one yet? I'm curious how much bulk it adds.

Cool, kumara or maunga?
Are you in the U or UK? And what exactly do you mean by it was delayed? If it was preordered?

I have pre-ordered the grafitti one in the original post

Should it not be similar to the iPad 1 case. Glad to hear your positive view!
The thing I like about Maroo is that they seem to care about their customers and their service is more personal from what I can tell. This is invaluable and I don't mind paying a premium for that.

Keep up the good work Maroo/Cyber Acoustics!

also, I think the iPad 2 cases have the sleep/Wake function which is a bonus

I hope the nylon cases use premium leather and not low-grade leather. Hope it's not pig leather!

Cybersteve, help?

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
I ordered a Tatau II. Can't wait to see it!

Same! Can't wait for mine as well!

Hope they ship soon. I haven't seen designs like these on any other cases so I'm chuffed to have found Maroo.
I only have one issue, and that is what they have done for the speaker on the iPad 2, they don't have photos of the rear of the case so I have emailed them.

My order is pending :)

LanikaiGirl

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
Mine is pending as well. I am anxious to see what the nylon is like. The one I ordered doesn't have the leather binding, so I am a little nervous.

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Mine is pending as well. I am anxious to see what the nylon is like. The one I ordered doesn't have the leather binding, so I am a little nervous.

Ah, it should be fine! I think the Tatau is all nylon exterior perhaps?

Why are you nervous? Is it do with the build quality of the case or aesthetics?

P.s. U in USA OR UK?

skaterboy

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
These look cool, does anyone know if they have the magnets? I have gotten quite used to my smart cover. The website did not mention the magnets. Thank you for sharing.

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
These look cool, does anyone know if they have the magnets? I have gotten quite used to my smart cover. The website did not mention the magnets. Thank you for sharing.

What do u mean by magnets?
According to their Facebook comments, they will have the smart cover sleep/wKe function. But there are two corner elastic straps to keep the front closed to the screen.

Still unclear about the sleep function though

LanikaiGirl

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
Ah, it should be fine! I think the Tatau is all nylon exterior perhaps?

Why are you nervous? Is it do with the build quality of the case or aesthetics?

P.s. U in USA OR UK?

Just that maybe the nylon will feel odd.

I am in the Us.

skaterboy

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
I meant the magnets for the sleep/wake function like the smart cover. on the company website it mentioned nothing about sleep/ wake under features. If it had a sleep / wake function you would think they would mention that under features? Haven't checked Facebook.

ForumViewer

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
Personally I can't stand straps and nylonish loops on cases. They make it look cheap and detract from an otherwise nice case.

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
I meant the magnets for the sleep/wake function like the smart cover. on the company website it mentioned nothing about sleep/ wake under features. If it had a sleep / wake function you would think they would mention that under features? Haven't checked Facebook.

I checked FB, and didn't see them answer the question about sleep/wake feature ??

Cybersteve

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Response to Questions

I just want to clarify some of the questions posted on this thread. The Maroo iPad2 case is similar in function as our original case. The inside material has be changed to suede and we have added a pocket on the inside flap. It does have the magnetic sleep/awake function along with a hole in the back for the camera. I hope to have a video up today showing these new features on our site. Feel free to post any questions you might have.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

kazaam93

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
I just want to clarify some of the questions posted on this thread. The Maroo iPad2 case is similar in function as our original case. The inside material has be changed to suede and we have added a pocket on the inside flap. It does have the magnetic sleep/awake function along with a hole in the back for the camera. I hope to have a video up today showing these new features on our site. Feel free to post any questions you might have.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Looking forward to watching the video, and thanks for answering our queries!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.