Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooKazoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I have a Belkin 54G wireless router, Serial #: BE700967105.

I have been using this router for a very long time, and it was working fine until 2 days ago. It is odd, since the power light, modem, internet and wireless are all glowing, but after a few seconds the internet and wireless dissapear. I have no trouble connecting to my net using the cable.

I have tried restarting router too many times by now, and restoring to factory defaults, resetting it with the small little button and so on, with no luck.

Sometimes, only the wireless light is on, and the internet is gone, or the other way around.

When the wireless is on, I can "connect" to it with my mac, but then web pages wont open.

If I get on wirelessly, without internet, I can access the Belking IP page, and it lets me configure stuff there, but no luck. It also says NO CONNECTION in the right upper corner.

I dont know what else to do, please help me.

Thanks.

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Do you have another computer or device that can access the internet, wirelessly, through the modem?

braindead5400

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Wisconsin
I had one of these a long time ago and whenever friends come over with Macbooks or Macbook Pros they couldn't get online. I ended up just buying a new router because I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
Have you checked to see if you have an IP conflict?

Have a look at your IP table on your router and compare this against your MBP's IP.

Criticalmass

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
Everywhere
I have a Belkin 54G wireless router, Serial #: BE700967105.

I have been using this router for a very long time, and it was working fine until 2 days ago. It is odd, since the power light, modem, internet and wireless are all glowing, but after a few seconds the internet and wireless dissapear. I have no trouble connecting to my net using the cable.

I have tried restarting router too many times by now, and restoring to factory defaults, resetting it with the small little button and so on, with no luck.

Sometimes, only the wireless light is on, and the internet is gone, or the other way around.

When the wireless is on, I can "connect" to it with my mac, but then web pages wont open.

If I get on wirelessly, without internet, I can access the Belking IP page, and it lets me configure stuff there, but no luck. It also says NO CONNECTION in the right upper corner.

I dont know what else to do, please help me.

Thanks.
l
Upgrade the firmware on the router, if that doesn't work, you might think about buying a new router. The wifi radios can and do fail on routers occasionally.

KooKazoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Hello, thank you for your time and answers.

How do I check if I have an IP conflict?

It really is weird, since like 2 weeks ago I had it up at my BF's for some time, and it was working normally on laptops, phones and so on, then I brought it back home and it worked for a little while, then it just stopped. I came home from school and the net was dead. It is really weird.

KooKazoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I last tried this:
http://www.wirelessforums.org/netwo...4-makes-connection-but-no-internet-14258.html
and it wont work.

I think I will try in connecting at my BF's tonight again, so if there is no connection either, im seriously thinking of a new router. I dont have any more ideas on what to do. I upgraded the firmware, resetted it like a 1938 times, cloned the mac address, tried every single location in network preferences, nothing. I cant find anything else on the net either..

Now the only light that is not blinking is the internet light. Power, wireless and modem are on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.