Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheXFactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Anyone here who uses a stand with their MB Air? I'm looking for a small, stylish stand that angles the Air up slightly towards the back. I am currently using a belkin cooling stand, leftover from my MB days.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I had the mStand as well but as Knight mentions, it didn't suit the MacBook Air as good as it does with Apple's other MacBooks, so I let it go and just recently purchased the Griffin Elevator. I must say I really like this stand and its minimal approach matches the MBA aesthetics very well in my opinion.

Also, since it has a smaller incline than the mStand, your able to tilt your Macbook's screen further back.

Very nice and highly recommended.

TheXFactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
I had the mStand as well but as Knight mentions, it didn't suit the MacBook Air as good as it does with Apple's other MacBooks, so I let it go and just recently purchased the Griffin Elevator. I must say I really like this stand and its minimal approach matches the MBA aesthetics very well in my opinion.

Also, since it has a smaller incline than the mStand, your able to tilt your Macbook's screen further back.

Very nice and highly recommended.
That looks nice and all, but it's slightly higher than I had in mind. Looking for something that maintains a height so you you can still type on the air, yet elevates it at a slight angle.

vukmaxim

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
drive@earth
Anyone here who uses a stand with their MB Air? I'm looking for a small, stylish stand that angles the Air up slightly towards the back. I am currently using a belkin cooling stand, leftover from my MB days.

Using xtand with air 11.6, and I am pleased with functionality and style. Will post a photo later on today, but have to mention that I had to add four 12 mm silicone pads to lift the air a bit. Xtand looks like it was built for 11.6 (when you add those pads yourself):cool:

vukmaxim

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
drive@earth
airxtand

Attachments

• airxtand.jpg
    airxtand.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.