Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 17, 2011, 09:05 PM   #1
brentpep
macrumors newbie

Restore Original iPhone with a 3GS Backup

Search through these forums all the time, but first time poster.

I'm in a bit of a pickle.. After having the Original iPhone and the 3GS for all these years, my 3GS is swimming with the fish 10 feet under water. First phone I've ever lost! Still shocked.

Anyways, I desperately need help. I'm trying to restore my old Original iPhone with the contacts/sms/photos from my latest 3GS backup. However, it's not showing up in the list of backups.. it's only showing the list of backups from 2009 back when I used to use the old iPhone. How do I extract my contacts and text messages from the 3GS backup and pull them into my old iPhone's backup?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Brent
brentpep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:06 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

If the 3GS backup is from a firmware higher than 3.1.3 the original iphone 2G wont be able to use it.
Try one of those iphone backup extractor software out there if you want.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting