Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:13 AM   #1
pleasehelp!
macrumors member

How long is the battery supposed to last?

I

Last edited by pleasehelp!; Jul 6, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
pleasehelp! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:17 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasehelp! View Post
I had my previous battery for about 4 years. I replaced it with a Nupower battery when I started getting charges of up to 88% and it would die in about an hour. I went with Nupower (bc I don't like to give Apple my money) and they advertise 5% more battery life. I have been unable to get it to charge to 100%. It stops at 99% and lasts about 2 and a half hours of just regular internet reading (no special programs, videos, etc...). I am wondering if I have a defective battery and if it should last longer?
I can't speak for 3rd party batteries, which I would never trust or recommend, based on the number of problems people have reported with them. As for Apple batteries, it's perfectly normal for a battery to stop charging before 100%. Battery life from a charge is dependent on many things, including configuration and what you have running. How long a battery should last is based on how you take care of it. Details on these statements are found in the following link.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:30 AM   #3
pleasehelp!
macrumors member

T

Last edited by pleasehelp!; Jul 6, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
pleasehelp! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:32 AM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasehelp! View Post
Thanks, but I was not able to find anything on how long the battery is capable of lasting. If I recall correctly, my first battery lasted at least 4 hours (possibly longer). I do not have too many programs running - at least not much more then initially.
Read the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section. There is no simple answer, since so many factors affect your individual battery life. That section will explain more fully.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook