Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Cutwolf
macrumors 6502

"Cannot get mail. Connection to server failed."

Hi all --

Recently, whenever I try to search for mail on the server, I get the error message in the title.

Mail comes in fine and sends fine, but I can't search on the server. I'm using my gmail account setup with the Exchange option.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Cutwolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:53 PM   #2
gillilac
macrumors newbie

Mine has been working just fine until today -- same problem. I think it's an apple issue -- I have mail accounts on yahoo, gmail, live, etc. and none of them work now although they've worked fine until this afternoon. I have not made any changes to my ipad2, mail app, firewall, or router or anything else. If you google this problem there are a lot of posts today -- many people having this problem...no resolutions though. Any ideas?
gillilac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:25 AM   #3
gillilac
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf View Post
Hi all --

Recently, whenever I try to search for mail on the server, I get the error message in the title.

Mail comes in fine and sends fine, but I can't search on the server. I'm using my gmail account setup with the Exchange option.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I misread your post, I don't get any access to mail, just the annoying "spinning wait" while it tries to retrieve my mail, not sending mail, not receiving mail.
gillilac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 08:55 AM   #4
kevbonice
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf View Post
Hi all --

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Same thing is happening to me, did you discover a solution?
kevbonice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:32 AM   #5
Calvinator666
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbonice View Post
Same thing is happening to me, did you discover a solution?
The same thing happened to my iPad just yesterday. My gmail account pushed to my Mail on the iPad does not work and says my username or password is wrong. What I did was to change a new password and everything is fine now.

Apparently, gmail requires a password that needs 8 or more characters now, which was why my old 6-character password does not work anymore.
Calvinator666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:59 PM   #6
steve.decter
macrumors newbie

Solution to gmail problems,enable pop,then delete gmail account and reregister it .then restart iPad.this is what the apple techs do.
steve.decter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting