Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hrishidev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
I have legacy codebase for which base SDK was set to 10.4 . Now I changed the base SDK project setting to 10.5 and tried to build the project.
I am getting following error

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/QTKit.framework/Headers/QTMovieLayer.h:17: error: cannot find interface declaration for 'CALayer', superclass of 'QTMovieLayer'

Please help me to resolve this issue . Is there any guideline document for updrading Base SDK in xcode

hrishidev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Thanks for reply . It is obviously visible that the complaint is about 10.4 sdk

I was bit surprized by the error message having reference to 10.4 sdk but all the frameworks belong to to absolute path "/System/Library/Frameworks/***.framework"

(by clicking get Info button on individual frameworks)

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Thanks for reply . It is obviously visible that the complaint is about 10.4 sdk

I was bit surprized by the error message having reference to 10.4 sdk but all the frameworks belong to to absolute path "/System/Library/Frameworks/***.framework"

(by clicking get Info button on individual frameworks)

So find the source file giving the error, Preprocess, and check where and why it includes that header file.

And System frameworks should have Path Type = Relative to current SDK.

Last edited:

hrishidev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Thanks gnasher729 , your reply triggered me think alternately .

The problem resolved now , after changing the base SDK ,we need to change Framework Search path setting in target as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.