Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:22 PM   #1
pepeleuepe
macrumors 6502

X11 Problem/Question

So, heres the problem:

For a CS class I have this semester we use a Graphics API called EzWindows. When we use the API in class, we log into the UNIX server using X-Win 32 on a PC and everything runs fine. Because this seemed like a simple X-Window application, I figured I could login from X11 and work on my homework from my mac at home instead of going into the lab.

When I connect using ssh and tunneling X11 over ssh using this command:
"ssh -X username@servername.usc.edu"
Everything connects fine and other X-window apps work just fine (i.e. Emacs). But, when running any EzWindows app, the objects draw oversized. What I mean is, a project that displays perfectly fine in a window on a PC (1280x1024) at the lab doesn't fit (overflows off the screen) on my mac (also 1280x1024).

I'm not sure if theres a setting that I'm missing in X11, or if there is a different way I should connect to the server (different tag, or not use ssh)?

If anyone has any ideas, or needs me to clear up the question, just let me know

Thanks

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming