Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bduvinmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_7 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E303 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've tried the irig to connect my guitar to the iPad but the connection is not very good. What is the best cable to connect a guitar to the iPad? Also are there any cables that allow you to listen to the guitar out of the iPad speaker rather than having to plug in headphones? Thanks

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_7 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E303 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've tried the irig to connect my guitar to the iPad but the connection is not very good. What is the best cable to connect a guitar to the iPad? Also are there any cables that allow you to listen to the guitar out of the iPad speaker rather than having to plug in headphones? Thanks

The Apogee Jam has gotten mixed reviews at the Apple store site. It sounds like the first batch went out highly defective so a lot of people gave it 1 star. The people who got it to work had high praise. I went to the local Apple store here and they said it would be a month before it was in-store. I'm going to wait until I hear that the new batch is out and the problem fixed.

Apogee has admitted the problem and is swapping units for affected users.

It's $100, btw.

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
The Apogee Jam has gotten mixed reviews at the Apple store site. It sounds like the first batch went out highly defective so a lot of people gave it 1 star. The people who got it to work had high praise. I went to the local Apple store here and they said it would be a month before it was in-store. I'm going to wait until I hear that the new batch is out and the problem fixed.

Apogee has admitted the problem and is swapping units for affected users.

It's $100, btw.

I was going to suggest the Jam...seems unavailable most places so mguess is the next batch of stock will address some early adopter issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.