Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:10 PM   #1
jordanr1186
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to jordanr1186
Question windows xp driver's

Hello. I am running windows xp pro sp3 all updated with bootcamp on a macbook 6,1 (late 2009) with mac os x 10.6.7. I have installed the latest version of bootcamp(i believe 3.2) and I have a few issues and questions.
  1. Why is my volume so low (laptop speakers) when I boot into windows xp? (volume settings are maxed and I have even tried updating the drives myself.)
  2. Why is my recording all garbled? sounds like it is running at half normal speed.
  3. Since I have updated some drivers myself with some success but not with others(ethernet drivers screwed it up, but I reverted to bootcamp installed driver), is it possible to download bootcamp again and install it to make sure I have all the original bootcamp drivers and files associated with bootcamp installed?
  4. is it ok to update drivers for seperate components myself outside of bootcamp installed drivers?

Last edited by jordanr1186; Apr 19, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
jordanr1186 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:54 PM   #2
zwodubber
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanr1186 View Post
Hello. I am running windows xp pro sp3 all updated with bootcamp on a macbook 6,1 (late 2009) with mac os x 10.6.7. I have installed the latest version of bootcamp(i believe 3.2) and I have a few issues and questions.
  1. Why is my volume so low (laptop speakers) when I boot into windows xp? (volume settings are maxed and I have even tried updating the drives myself.)
  2. Why is my recording all garbled? sounds like it is running at half normal speed.
  3. Since I have updated some drivers myself with some success but not with others(ethernet drivers screwed it up, but I reverted to bootcamp installed driver), is it possible to download bootcamp again and install it to make sure I have all the original bootcamp drivers and files associated with bootcamp installed?
  4. is it ok to update drivers for seperate components myself outside of bootcamp installed drivers?
Might be a dumb question, but did you insert the OSX DVD after installing windows?
zwodubber is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:58 PM   #3
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Can't comment on the audio issues, but I have upgraded by Nvidia graphics drivers to the latest ones from the Nvidia website and have no issues. In fact, average temps have gone down considerably.
To download bootcamp again, HERE is the link to the latest version:

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Tags
audio, bootcamp, drivers, mac os x, windows xp