Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 6, 2005, 07:11 AM   #1
HL Tan
macrumors newbie

iMac G5 Logic Board Down

Having problems with my iMac G5. Upon 7 months of purchase, I experience my 1st Mac breakdown and needed to reset my PMU although it was a suspected logic board failure. 3 weeks later, my logic board did break down. Yo compound matters, the AppleCare that I purchased was not found in the database although the Singapore's Office did confirm my registration. Hence, no assistance was rendered.

May I know where I can complaint about the poor product quality and terrible service? The Mac website is really terrible on this aspect.

This is my 1st Mac and after this bad experience, tyhis will definitely be my last Mac too.
HL Tan is offline   0
Old Mar 6, 2005, 08:10 AM   #2
Gee
macrumors 65816

If it's only 7 months old, it is still under the standard 1-year manufacturer's warranty, regardless of whether you purchased applecare or not. You should be able to send it back and get a replacement.
Gee is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 03:27 AM   #3
HL Tan
macrumors newbie

World wide shortage of logic board

Thanks Gee, but I'd just found out that there's a worldwide shortage of logic board and hence, my G5 cannot be serviced. Ridiculous isn't it?

Also, it is really difficult to contact anyone from Apple for assistance on my side. Think Apple is really screw up on their service and their website is of minimal help.
HL Tan is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers