Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBA2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
All,
Just got my 13.3, 4gigs, 128 and it's the awesome.
I have to run windows 7 for work, so I'm bootcamped with the latest OSX, latest bootcamp, ran apple software update, etc.
It seems to run windows fine. Anyway, I let the battery die in windows and the screen went black, as it's supposed to. However, once I connected the mag connector to it, and tried to "wake" it, or whatever they call it in 7, it wouldn't power back and I kept getting a series of 3 beeps. I held down the power button for a few seconds to do a hard reboot and it came back just fine (to win and osx). I've read 3 beeps can be memory and if it happens again I'll bring it in, but I'm tempted to think it's just the hardware having issues telling windows it was plugged in again. Anyone have experience with windows and beeping?

Thanks in advance.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Could be that the no power shutdown damaged Windows. You are still running Windows on foreign hardware/BIOS.

I run VM machines using parallels. I know with that approach if I dont shutdown Windows properly I can destroy the VM.

There is a section on this forum for running Windows on a Mac. Maybe your question will get a quicker response there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.