Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Mar 6, 2005, 01:43 PM   #1
gangst
macrumors 6502a

Whats your favourite plug-in

Whta's your favourite plug-in, what app do you use it, and whaat does it do?
Please only post plug ins for creative apps, e.g Final Cut, Photoshop, After Effects......

My favourite is for Final Cut and is DV Matte 1.5
gangst is offline   0
Old Mar 6, 2005, 05:39 PM   #2
JDar
macrumors 6502a

for PS

for me it's in PS Elements, but the one used the most, and thus my personal favorite, is the Melancholytron filter. It has so many variables, a good preview screen and is totally reversible from the Edit menu.

The effects can go from subtle (for example, a slight vignette of edges) to sepia toning. It's a great filter when not overdone, and when overdone if you want to!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 05:42 PM   #3
Lacero
macrumors 601

My favorite would be Magic Bullet Editors for FCP. For After Effects, I would say TinderBox 3. Trapcode Shine is a nice plugin, but how many times do you use the shine effect?
Lacero is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:45 PM   #4
adamjay
macrumors 6502a

would audio apps be considered creative apps or is this a visual creation only thread?

if it counts, i love the Generator Synth AU (Audio Unit) plugin, i use it in Ableton Live 4.1

Stiwi @ Alphakanal made the plug and its free. Though it will be getting a new name and update in a week (because of copyright issues with the name "Generator")

its very cpu effecient and highly stable. its one of the only soft synths i trust in a live performance situation and its only going to get better.
adamjay is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 01:36 PM   #5
iGary

Fred Miranda's Intellisharpen and Velvia Vision for Photoshop.
iGary is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 04:03 PM   #6
pulsewidth947
macrumors 65816

If its AE, probably one of the trapcode plugs. If its Photoshop i'd probably have to say gaussian blur.. sorry its vanilla, but i use it all the time !

If we are taking audio plugins, heres my condensed list - microtonic (drum synth.. awesome), reaktor , waves plugins..
pulsewidth947 is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 04:41 PM   #7
gangst
macrumors 6502a

yea course audio apps would be considered creative. when i said creative only, it was only so i didnt get stupid plug ins for messenger ans stuff like dat
gangst is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2005, 04:51 PM   #8
andrewfee
macrumors 6502

Noise Ninja. It can do wonders to the quality of your photographs.

I was pretty desperate to get a better camera, but now with a few minutes in noise-ninja I'm really impressed with how some of the shots actually look. Sure, a better camera will make them better still, but right now I have other things I'd rather spend my money on, and purchase the camera at a later date.
andrewfee is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews