Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:45 PM   #1
BoleCailey
macrumors member

Just got my Ipad and it won't let me activate.

After waiting almost a month for my iPad to come in, I am getting this message "We are unable to complete your activation at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes." Anyone know if there is a problem with the server or if this is on apples end?
BoleCailey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:51 PM   #2
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God

Did you every run TinyUmbrella or similar tools on your Mac? Check your /etc/hosts file and make sure there's not an entry for an gs.apple.com. Or if there is an entry, that it starts with a #.
aristobrat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:58 PM   #3
AuNate
macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if Apple is having sever trouble...I just restored my 3GS and now it will not activate.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:04 PM   #4
BoleCailey
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
Did you every run TinyUmbrella or similar tools on your Mac? Check your /etc/hosts file and make sure there's not an entry for an gs.apple.com. Or if there is an entry, that it starts with a #.
No, I even tried it on multiple computers. Just kind of pisses me off that their servers are down and I can't use my $8XX iPad that I have been waiting a month on.
BoleCailey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:16 PM   #5
AuNate
macrumors newbie

Try again...its confirmed (via another thread) that Apple was having issues with their activation servers. I just tried about 10 mins ago and was able to activate my 3GS...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting