Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Mabyboi
macrumors 6502

Hide Text Message Notification?

Hey guys,

Is there an app in cydia that allows you to remove the popup from a text message? instead putting a little indicator in the top bar with a number for how many texts you have? same deal with emails?

I hate when im doing something and have the big text message notification pop up on screen and stop what im doing. I want the tone to still play but instead have a little indicator in the top bar show up with a number to indicate the number of messages i've received, so it doesnt interfere with what im doing.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I tried searching but didnt come across anything.. I may have not used the right key words though.

Thanks guys!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:18 PM   #2
iFiend
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabyboi View Post
Hey guys,

Is there an app in cydia that allows you to remove the popup from a text message? instead putting a little indicator in the top bar with a number for how many texts you have? same deal with emails?

I hate when im doing something and have the big text message notification pop up on screen and stop what im doing. I want the tone to still play but instead have a little indicator in the top bar show up with a number to indicate the number of messages i've received, so it doesnt interfere with what im doing.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I tried searching but didnt come across anything.. I may have not used the right key words though.

Thanks guys!
All of the information you seek is readily available on the interwebz, however, I am feeling nice today.

BiteSMS and iRealSMS (both paid apps) do what you want. I am not sure why you're getting a popup when you receive an email as that is not a stock function. There are several apps that will put an envelope in your statusbar when you receive an email (not the # of emails, though). I would suggest OpenNotifier because it's free and is highly customizable.

edit: Forgot to add that both Bite and iReal allow you to reply directly on top of whatever else you are doing as well. This effectively stops the annoyance that you seem to be trying to avoid. FYI - only iReal allows you to send MMS via this quick reply method and that is why I like it better.
iFiend is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Mabyboi
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFiend View Post
All of the information you seek is readily available on the interwebz, however, I am feeling nice today.

BiteSMS and iRealSMS (both paid apps) do what you want. I am not sure why you're getting a popup when you receive an email as that is not a stock function. There are several apps that will put an envelope in your statusbar when you receive an email (not the # of emails, though). I would suggest OpenNotifier because it's free and is highly customizable.

edit: Forgot to add that both Bite and iReal allow you to reply directly on top of whatever else you are doing as well. This effectively stops the annoyance that you seem to be trying to avoid. FYI - only iReal allows you to send MMS via this quick reply method and that is why I like it better.
Thanks for feeling nice! I didnt mean to say that i was getting pop ups for the emails I just wanted it to appear in the top corner. Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:33 PM   #4
iFiend
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabyboi View Post
Thanks for feeling nice! I didnt mean to say that i was getting pop ups for the emails I just wanted it to appear in the top corner. Thanks!
No problem buddy. I have extensive knowledge of both Bite and iReal, as well as OpenNotifier, so feel free to come back and ask questions. I'll do my best to help
iFiend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:55 PM   #5
iFiend
macrumors 65816

I see you sent me a PM, Mabyboi...

But for some reason I am getting an error when I try to open them. Just post your question here! It may benefit someone else who is searching for answers one day
iFiend is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks