Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Hi there,

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Josh living in London. I just discovered the world of Bluetooth Headphones. I'm not an audiophile but I hate cables so I'm happy with these pair of Sennheiser PXC310BT that I have recently purchased.

So far so good, all the functions work EXCEPT the track control to forward or rewind to the previous track. I asked the seller and he doesn't have the answer too.

I wonder if any of member of this forum have experienced this? I have made a search with several keywords - but could not find in the forum but if this has been discussed previously then please accept my apology for repeating and maybe I can be directed to that thread.

I'm in the middle of returning the headphones and ask for replacement (with consideration that the headphones are damaged). Oh also, my iPad is running OS 3.2.2. I don't know if this matters but I just put it as information if anybody have ideas why the track control doesn't work.

Cheers!
Josh

Last edited:

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Hi there,

I'd like to tkae this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Josh living in London. I just discovered the world of Bluetooth Headphones. I'm not an audiophile but I have cables so I'm happy with these pair of Sennheiser PXC310BT that I have recently purchased.

So far so good, all the functions work EXCEPT the track control to forward or rewind to the previous track. I asked the seller and he doesn't have the answer too.

I wonder if any of member of this forum have experienced this? I have made a search with several keywords - but could not find in the forum but if this has been discussed previously then please accept my apology for repeating and maybe I can be directed to that thread.

I'm in the middle of returning the headphones and ask for replacement (with consideration that the headphones are damaged). Oh also, my iPad is running OS 3.2.2. I don't know if this matters but I just put it as information if anybody have ideas why the track control doesn't work.

Cheers!
Josh

The bluetooth profile you need is called AVRCP. It was FINALLY brought to iOS in version 4.1 (someone correct me if Im wrong). So you will need to upgrade your iPad's iOS to 4.1+ in order for that functionality to work with your headphones.

joshes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Wow! Thank you for your rapid response. I will try to upgrade the OS!

Cheers!
Josh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.