Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I loved my Apple case with my ipad 1, it was super svelte and really protected my ipad1 from almost anything. So when I got my ipad2 I was quite disappointed that there was no Apple case for it. I used a TPU backing with the smartcover until now and it wasn't terrible, but it didn't have anywhere near the functionality of the old Apple case.

Thanks to another thread on here I was turned onto this case on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UDH29K I wasn't sure but I figured what the hell and ordered it about a week ago. Got it in the mail today and absolutely love it. It's exactly the same material the Apple case was made of, which may be a minus for some of you but personally I loved the material and it's a plus for me. It fits VERY svelte, perfectly and it has all the cutouts line up. You put the ipad in exactly the same as the Apple case, slide it in with some force, then there is a top flap that tucks in behind the ipad. The cover has magnets so it does wake up the ipad when lifted. The cover doesn't feel as "mechanical" as the smartcover, which is one thing I kind of liked about the smartcover, the joints felt very segmented where this case the joints feel just like soft cardboard, which isn't a bad thing at all, but I kind of got used to the firm joint feel of the smartcover.

Here are some pics, I'm a horrid photographer and these were taken with my iphone. For the price, and if you are a fan of the original Apple case, this is a must buy for 37 clams.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 98

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Oh well, wanted to upload more pics but I'm getting a weird error from Macrumors:

You have multiple windows or tabs open at MacRumors with only some of them logged in. Please reload the pages so they will recognize your login status.

JustCrusin

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
Oh well, wanted to upload more pics but I'm getting a weird error from Macrumors:

You have multiple windows or tabs open at MacRumors with only some of them logged in. Please reload the pages so they will recognize your login status.

Does the cover stay closed when closed?

zek72

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2009
Got mine today, not bad

This case is way closer to the original iPad case than anything else I've seen. I got mine today and I'm happy. It's not exactly the same quality as the Apple iPad 1 case, but still very good. I believe the cover covers up the ambient light sensor. I'd still rather have this than a SmartCover.

supermanfan

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2008
This case is way closer to the original iPad case than anything else I've seen. I got mine today and I'm happy. It's not exactly the same quality as the Apple iPad 1 case, but still very good. I believe the cover covers up the ambient light sensor. I'd still rather have this than a SmartCover.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.