Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicmax

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
I'm tired of rebuilding my folders and layouts after each JB. Is there a way to backup and restore an Iconoclasm layout?

Dannymonky

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2007
Rats Mouth, Fl
I'm tired of rebuilding my folders and layouts after each JB. Is there a way to backup and restore an Iconoclasm layout?

pkg backup did it for me. took the third JB (4.1, 4.3, 4.3.1) before i figured out to select all prefs from within pkg backup when restoring. Everything magically appeared where it was supposed to be as I added stuff. works great.

I dont think backboard actually backs up anything. it just makes it easy to switch between themes/setups.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
pkg backup did it for me. took the third JB (4.1, 4.3, 4.3.1) before i figured out to select all prefs from within pkg backup when restoring. Everything magically appeared where it was supposed to be as I added stuff. works great.

I dont think backboard actually backs up anything. it just makes it easy to switch between themes/setups.

exactly it saves your icon layout

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.